What It's Really Like To Be Quarantined For Two Months

I've Been Quarantined For Two Months, Y'all Don't Even KNOW How Bad The Cabin Fever Is Gonna Get

Get me out of this house.

302

Today officially marks month two of self-quarantine and social distancing in my household. When I tell you that both my mom and I have begun to suffer from a serious case of cabin fever, you don't even know the half of it. The fact that when I log into Twitter and still see people having "quarantine kickbacks," infuriates me to no end! Some people have been locked in their homes for longer than two months and are finding ways to make it through this never-ending movie we all seem to be stuck in.

I've spent too much time on TikTok, cried at least once a week, mediated, done yoga, and then cried over the amount of work I have to do for classes.

My mom and I have found ways to keep ourselves from running rampant in the house. We made vision boards the other day. We're having a spa day sometime next week. Then we're making more vision boards after that! We've taken up drinking tea together every morning before my Zoom classes, sitting on our swing every-so-often, and taking three naps a day is the new normal.

We've eaten the same breakfast for two months straight and have had repeated dinners — what else can we do? I've almost beat "Angry Birds 2" and I'm currently working my way to the A-list in "Kim Kardashian: Hollywood." I've had "quarantine dates" over FaceTime with my best friends, tried to get into Bryant's "Zoomicon" (unsuccessfully so far, but I'll update you if I manage to get in), re-watched all seasons of "Saved by the Bell," "Gossip Girl," and "The Vampire Diaries" to the point where I can quote every character at least two or three times per episode.

People who complain about being shut in and how they're bored and miss their friends are the same ones who are having parties and acting like this is an extended vacation.

It's not an extended vacation.

People are dying and this is serious. People don't want to be shut in their houses for 18 more months. People can't afford to be shut in for 18 more months. If you think the Class of 2020 had it bad, Class of 2021is going to have it worse if people don't adhere to the scientists and physically social distance.

A lot of Americans are out of work and those who are still working are at risk every single day. So, think about this next time you want to throw a party in your backyard and have a "Quarantine BBQ." It's only going to get worse from here if people don't quarantine and stay inside.