Make My Bed
Life Stages

Poetry On Odyssey: Make My Bed

mattresses get beat too but they'll never tell your secrets

158
Poetry On Odyssey: Make My Bed
https://unsplash.com/photos/BCuxVP5WEsU

if you're looking for a made bed mine is not the place to lay your head tonight and it won't be tomorrow morning or the day after or even a year from now

all i have are wrinkled sheets, bloodstains and anger

it gets comfortable after awhile, i mean i had no other choice but to like it

this bed, the same one i've been avoiding making since I was about 6 or 7

i never liked making my bed, i didn't see the point of fixing something you would only mess up again but life is something that you will have to fix just to mess up again

i guess i never understood the point.. that must explain why these sheets smell of broken promises and shitty excuses

this bed of mine is not the kind of bed you bring the girl of your dreams home to, you can't let the people you care most about lie in the mess you've made of yourself

so if you're looking for folded sheets washed every sunday by my mother with detergent that smells like spring, you won't find it here