Here's How To Become A Proverbs 31 Woman

Ladies, you are so much more than you think.

743
Yousef Espanioly

Let’s face it. This generation is pretty jacked up.

Everyone is living aimlessly with no moral compass. However, the lack of morality that I’m witnessing in the female population is somewhat starling. Don’t get me wrong, women have been fighting for years for this sort of self-expression without being ridiculed by society because it was (and still is) typically sexist. Now that we’ve taken this turn, however, we’ve lost sight on what it truly means to be a woman, and not necessarily how to shape societal expectations, but how to once again achieve the eloquence, grace and wisdom that is associated with being a woman.

It's okay if you aren’t spiritual, Christian, Baptist, etc. I can assure you that you will find this article somewhat applicable to you.

In the Bible, Proverbs 31 literally defines the epitome of a woman. From how she should carry herself, to how she should care for her family. I get it, some of us may not have families, but it doesn’t mean that we can’t at least take some of these traits into consideration and see how we can mold this into our daily lives.

“Who can find a virtuous woman? For her price is far above rubies." Proverbs 31:10.”

This first verse plainly tells us that a woman with high moral standards is hard to find. This is an indisputable truth. Again, women have simply lost their moral compass by taking the idea of self-expression and running with it.

Proverbs 31 serves as a means of helping young women, wives and mothers-to-be to develop the statues of a great woman.

So, even if you don’t have any morals or are unsure of what exactly having morals entails, first give yourself an evaluation: what do you value most about yourself?

Envision yourself as a successful woman and ask yourself who the woman is you wish to become.

Also denoted in this verse is that a woman is priceless. No man or anyone should be able to dangle a dime over your head to buy your love, but less literally, a good woman is hard to find.

Remain a rarity, and don’t fluke just because everybody else is riding a different wave than you. You’re doing great, hunty!

“The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that she shall have no need of spoil. Proverbs 31:11.”

A Proverbs 31 woman is faithful. If you are in a committed relationship, are married, or planning to marry, this should go without saying. In modern times, many women, young and old, believe that acting like a man in his promiscuous, lustful ways is permissible.

In other words, it's socially acceptable for a woman to be just as much of a dog as a man is.

There’s clearly an existing double standard, but this also ties into the “treat others the way you want to be treated” concept. If you are ever in a position where you even remotely think that someone is cheating on you, or you think that the person you’re talking to is fraternizing with other females, you should leave the situation.

Don’t lower your standards by playing his/her game, its pointless. If you played your part by being faithful, then lesson learned. Don’t waste your energy in the wrong places, but don’t change who you are just because someone betrayed you.

“She seeketh wool and flax and worketh willingly with her hands…She girdeth her loins with strength and strengthens her arms. Proverbs 31:13-17.”

These few verses basically outline how a woman should be diligent and provide for her family. Many of us are not children and are nowhere close to womanhood, but it is easy to translate this as being strong, immovable and certainly independent.

Don’t be lazy and simply let someone take care of you. It’s okay to have this treatment every once in a while, but if you have been treated like this in every relationship, or if you’ve been spoiled your whole life, how will you ever learn to take care of yourself?

If you’re feeling down, or you’re going through some trials, who or what is going to be your confidant? Love yourself so much that you are able to care for yourself physically, mentally and emotionally. This takes time, but at least you won’t have to worry yourself with people constantly letting you down.

“She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy. Proverbs 31:20.”

Be selfless. There are people suffering and in far worse circumstances than yourself.

Always lend your hand to those in need, not necessarily the poor, but those who are suffering mentally, those who are suffering emotionally, physically, and so on.

The universe is a boomerang, so you get out what you put in. Therefore, if you extend your blessings to other people in whatever you have to offer, you will receive a blessing.

“She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness. Proverbs 31:26.”

Everyone is not wise, and it is foolish to consider yourself this even when you are not (God’s word, not mine. Sorry not sorry.). Wisdom is gained through long-suffering and experiences, while sometimes people are literally just born wise beyond their years.

This verse may be taken literally, but it can also be interpreted as being mindful of the things you utter. As quoted out of the great book: “Death and life are in the power of the tongue (Prov. 18:21).”

Moreover, you give the words which come out of your mouth life, whether they are good or bad. It clearly profits you nothing but bad karma to speak negatively, so be optimistic, be kind and speak blessings regardless if you feel bad, are going through something, or have ill feelings towards someone.

“Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman that feareth the Lord, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30.”

You can be the most desired and you can be drop dead gorgeous, but it means absolutely nothing when it comes down to who you are spiritually and as a person.

For believers, God doesn’t judge your physical appearance or your social hierarchy, He judges you on the contents of your heart and whether or not you’ve fulfilled your purpose on His Earth.

It is very much possible to be attractive on the outside but hideous on the inside. It's not easy being kind or loving in a world that is seemingly full of hate, but you will be blessed for spreading your cheer!

Women, be radiant not by your clothes, your shoes, or your makeup. You have much more to offer than that. Let your soul speak for you.

Ladies, we are queens, the mothers of this earth, and we should act as such. While Proverbs 31 basically encompasses what it is to be a virtuous woman, I encourage you to adopt some of your own values and statues to living by that you think will help aid you on your path of womanhood.