6 Ways To Become A Morning Person

6 Ways To Become A Morning Person

Even the latest sleeper can become a morning person, just try these easy tips!

174

As a previous late sleeper, I know just how great it feels to sleep until noon every day. But, I slowly started to hate the fact that by the time I woke up, the day was almost half over! As a busy college student, there genuinely aren't enough hours in the day. Becoming a morning person will only be beneficial to your productivity and overall happiness! It'll take some time but these easy tips can help you become the morning person you always (or never) wanted to be:

1. Go to bed earlier. 

Don't allow yourself to stay up till 3 a.m. binge watching Netflix. Set an earlier bed time for yourself and try to keep it consistent throughout the week.

2. Skip the afternoon nap. 

Don't crawl into bed at 2 p.m. for the 20-minute nap that turns into two hours. Get through the day without napping and by your early bed time you will be completely exhausted.

3. Don't press snooze. 

Snoozing your alarm every 10 minutes is a waste of time. In reality, you aren't going to fall back into a deep sleep in that amount of time. By getting up with that first alarm, your setting a habit that will save you loads of time in the future.

4. Make a happy alarm. 

Instead of the loud and obnoxious horn, set your alarm to your favorite song or a soothing tone. Waking up to a happier noise will help make you in a better mood to start the day.

5. Have something to look forward to. 

Whether it be your morning coffee or your favorite breakfast, give yourself time to wake up and enjoy something in the morning.

6. Let there be light. 

Either allow your window to bring in the light or turn your light on as soon as you wake up. Seeing the brighter light will signal your body that it's time to wake up and start the day.