Beauty YouTubers

7 Beauty Influencers You Need To Be Subscribed To Right Now

Get your makeup game right.

378

I get asked all the time - "how do you get your makeup like that?" Besides years and years of being in the old "it's not a phase Mom, I swear!" scene phase, I have had a lot of practice doing makeup. But, I didn't learn how to do it by putting products all over my face and hoping for the best, I did it by watching tutorials (and then putting products all over my face).

Here are 7 YouTubers from the beauty community that helped me gain the skills I have today.

1. Jeffree Star.

Before you click out of this article - hear me out. Yes, he may have a controversial past, but don't we all? There's no denying that he is a m a z i n g at makeup (and his line of products are on point, too!). Jeffree has some great tutorials that are easy to follow and fun to watch - if he's your cup of tea, that is. He's not afraid to tell it like it is (I mean, have you seen the compilations of him dragging makeup companies?) and that is what makes me love him so much.

Plus - he's absolutely hilarious, especially when he collaborates with other YouTubers. I feel like I can count on him to give me the latest tea on makeup and skincare brands - from drugstore to high end.

He even introduced me to my absolute favorite under eye concealer, the Makeup Revolution Conceal and Define Ultimate Coverage Concealer. It's amazing quality and won't break the bank, just like these 15 affordable makeup products.

2. Jackie Aina. 

Jackie is seriously out here changing the game, and I love her because she's just as bold as her eyeshadow. If you're not subscribed to her, idk what you're doing - especially if you're a person of color. She gives amazing tips and tricks on how to correctly apply makeup and skincare, and she's not afraid to call out brands for not representing the makeup-wearing POC community better.

Although I am not a person of color, it is amazing to see someone who is so passionate about activism in the beauty community - I feel like that is something that a lot of people stay away from to remain on the "good" side of brands and their PR lists. It is truly admirable to see how inclusive she is to everyone, whether you're black, white, pink or purple - Jackie is gonna fight for you and your foundation shade. Trust me.

3. Tati Westbrook. 

I feel like nobody ever talks about Tati, and I really don't know why. Her videos are super helpful, especially if you're just getting started with makeup. She is another beauty influencer that is not afraid to tell it like it is, and her videos are very straightforward and easy to watch, which is why I love her so much.

4. Shaaanxo. 

Shaaanxo is by far one of my favorite YouTubers of all time. She does make videos that are outside of the makeup realm, like clothing hauls and Q&A's, but her makeup tutorials are absolutely amazing. She has varying levels of difficulty to her videos as well, there are some for beginners, intermediates and experts - but she makes her videos easy to follow for everyone.

5. Thataylaa. 

Pale girls unite - Thataylaa will give you the best recommendations on the fairest of the fair foundation shades, powder and more. She also had cystic acne for a while, and did a lot of full coverage foundation reviews and demos to show them at their fullest potential. Thataylaa has a series called, "15 Days of Foundation" where she tries a new foundation every day for 15 days, and does a full review with check-ins throughout the day. She is definitely my go-to when I'm looking for more information on foundation, especially what works best for acne-prone skin.

6. Wayne Goss. 

Have problems with under eye creasing? There's a video for that.

Have a hard time blending your eyeshadow? There's a video for that.

Don't know what eyebrow shape looks best on your face? There's a video for that.

Literally any makeup or skincare problem that you may have, Wayne has made a video on how to handle it. The foundation of your makeup skills will come from this man, he is absolutely amazing and such a great artist. He will teach you anything you need to know about makeup, and then some.

7. Atleeeey. 

When you get a little more comfortable with your makeup abilities, check out Atleeeey. Her following is a little small in comparison to some of the others on this list, but that does not indicate a lack of talent. I have been following her for the longest time, and her looks are honestly so iconic. They are typically a little bold, but she does some softer looks as well. If you are ready to step up your makeup game to the extreme, check her out!

She also does an awesome Halloween tutorial series, called Ashtoberfest, where she breaks down all her looks step-by-step using materials that are relatively available to anyone; and I love Halloween, so naturally I love the whole series.

I hope that you explore the beauty community on Youtube, whether you are a makeup pro or someone that doesn't even wear mascara. The people making that content are incredibly talented and work their asses off to do so, and their goal is to help and educate their viewers on the ever-growing makeup community.