8 Must Have Beauty Products

8 Must Have Beauty Products

"The only drama I enjoy is in my lashes."

8
8 Must Have Beauty Products

I'm far from being a YouTube beauty guru, and I barely wear makeup other than on special occasions... but when I do, I'm pretty sure that I do a reasonable job (or so I believe). Other than makeup, I'm quite knowledgeable on skincare products, and hair styling to a very small extent. Here are my most used products that I highly recommend!!

1. Belli Anti-Blemish Facial Wash ($22)

Don't let the price scare you away as it is a little much for something you merely wash your face with. Trust me, it is worth every single penny. This wash is actually made for pregnant women, but it is perfect for the hormonal breakouts we have each month. I started using this face wash in June, and it has totally improved my skin ten fold. If you have acne-prone, sensitive skin, then I highly recommend this to you!

2. Maybelline Concealer Cover Stick ($4.99)

I've been using this concealer stick since I began wearing makeup in the ninth grade, and it has NEVER failed me. This shade only works for pale girls like me, but it comes in many different shades. I have tried many different concealers from high end companies, but nothing compares to this, and the price is amazing. It covers up dark spots, pimples, and blemishes, without looking too caked on. I wear this on a daily basis without any foundation, and I can't live without it!

3. Better than Sex Mascara ($23.00)

Mascara, like concealer, is my only other staple makeup product, and this is my favorite out of all the ones I've ever purchased. The price is a bit frightening, but the formula is made to both add volume, and lengthen lashes. The brush aids in adding volume with its extremely thick brush, and the best part is that once the liquid is gone, the brush can be reused in cheaper mascaras to add a similar effect. Please give it a try if you are struggling to find a mascara that you absolutely love!

4. It's Skin Cookie and Body Ice Cream Mint ($10.00)

I recently bought this after Christmas, and it is probably on of the best smelling and effective after-shave moisturizers. It literally smells like a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and yes, I have contemplated eating it a few times. It is mint green and color, and contains chip like beads that melt into your skin. This particular cream prevents/ heals dryness, helps with dullness, and uneven texture. This cream is a little harder to find in the stores, but I know for a fact that Sephora carries it, as well as Aerie.

5. Bare Minerals Original Foundation ($28.50)

I have gone through many drugstore foundations, high end foundations costing seventy dollars plus, and many organic alternatives, but I have not had better luck with any more than BareMinerals. It comes in a small tub, but don't let the size fool you as it lasts for months because not much is needed for coverage. All the ingredients in this makeup are made of natural minerals, and there are no harmful components, making it safe for your skin and the environment. I will warn you that it is not a full coverage foundation, but it is good if you want some coverage without looking like you're wearing makeup. It can also be used to cover spots when paired with concealer. I would highly recommend it to anyone!!

6. Too Faced Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Palette ($49.00)

I barely ever wear eye shadow, but when I do, I tend to run to this palette. The colors range from a pale pink to an extremely dark brown, giving you many options ranging from a natural eye to a smoky eye. The colors are packed with pigment, and not much is needed on the brush to show up on your eye. I would although recommend buying a good eye shadow primer so that the color stays all day. On a fun note, the shadows also smell like peaches!

7. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion ($17.00)

This is the HOLY GRAIL of all skin care products in my estimation, I would love to thank personally give a shout out to Mr. Badescu for inventing this, and making my life a whole lot easier. This little bottle contains a mixture of Isopropyl Alcohol, Salicylic Acid, and Calamine, which all together act as a fast acting pimple treatment. It shrinks pimples faster than any spot treatment I've tried, without leaving skin red and irritated. I recommend using it after a pimple has been popped, and not removing the scab that forms with the lotion until the swelling goes down. I came upon this when watching a supermodel's beauty routine on YouTube, and she stated that this is what a lot of models use on pimples that pop up a night before a show, so I figured I'd give it a try, and it hasn't let me down since.

8. Wet & Wild Megaliner ($2.99)

Finally something inexpensive!! Like eye shadow I don't really wear this makeup product all that much, but on special occasions this is the only eyeliner I will use. The small container is filled with what can be described as a paint like substance, with the texture of calligraphy ink. There is also a small fine tipped brush included so that it is almost like you are painting your eyelid instead of harshly drawing on a line with one of those annoying stick liners. The color is extremely pigmented so there's no need to keep going over your eye over and over again, and it stays all day without smudging. Black is my favorite color in this product, but they also sell blue, purple, green, and brown, as well as a sparkly version of the black shade. I have been using this since ninth grade when eyeliner was a staple in my everyday look, and I don't think I'll ever try another eyeliner again!

Thank you for taking the time to read my recommendations on the beauty products I find most useful!! Please give some of these a try if you are looking to change up your routines, or give you self some TLC!!