Feeling Beautiful

Feeling Beautiful

If the Creator of the whole universe created you, and you know that His works are wonderful, who are you to see yourself any differently?

19
Feeling Beautiful
Melodi Greer

As I was driving into work this morning, I heard on the radio that the hospitalization rate for teenagers who commit self harm has doubled in the last year. The reason that these teens are giving is, the one love, social media. I cannot explain the pain that I felt in my heart when I heard this. Social media. Snapchat. Facebook. Instagram. Tinder. These things that nearly every teenager uses on a daily basis, multiple times a day, are causing kids who have not even lived yet, to not want to live any more. This truly breaks my heart.

Social media is something that we should all be using to build each other up. Instead, we only use it to glorify ourselves and tear others down. Why are we doing this?

We are held to these standards to have name brand clothing, a nice car, fancy watches, wear makeup from Sephora, Ulta, or Clinique, and many other absolutely absurd things in order to be "popular." We are tricked into believing that if we pose in a certain and we wear a certain thing, we will get more likes on our photos or posts. We are tricked into believing that more guys will want to date us. We are tricked into believing that complete strangers who follow us will comment on our posts telling us how beautiful or "fire" we are. And lets be completely honest. It feels really good when we are complimented, however these meaningless compliments shouldn't determine the way that we view our self.

Your value and your beauty should not come from any form of social media. How the world portrays you should not be how you portray yourself. Psalm 139:4 says "I praise you, Oh Lord, I am fearfully and wonderfully made! Your works are wonderful, and I know that full well!" If the Creator of the whole universe created you, and you know that His works are wonderful- who are you to see yourself any different?

While I do understand the struggle with depression and anxiety, and I do understand the struggle with self image, I, also, understand that the Lord created me to be exactly who I am. I know that the Lord has a purpose for my life that I WILL fulfill. I know that the Lord is using me right now, through this silly article, to speak to someone who is struggling.

YOU ARE BEAUTFUL. If your social media causes you to doubt your worth, the easiest and best thing that you can do is get rid of it. If you have friends who are putting you down over social media, get rid of them. Friends don't break each other. Your friends are there to encourage you, as you are to do the same to them.

"Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them are forgotten by God. Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrow." Luke 12:6-7.

You are a CHILD OF GOD. You are BEAUTIFUL. You are WONDERFUL. You are VALUED. You are LOVED.

XOXO,

Melodi