Beautiful Flowers

Beautiful Flowers

Plant and watch them bloom

69
Beautiful Flowers
Sunset

Looking for beautiful flowers to plant. Take a LOOK at these.

Alstroemeria

Flowers of the evergreen hybrids come in shades of purple with dark flecks and last well in bouquets. Alstroemeria aurea blooms come in shades of yellow and orange. This plant does go well with the heat.

Coreopsis 'Mango Punch'

The low, mounding perennial covers itself in summer with mango-orange flowers that have a red blush.

We love the fresh, fruity hue of this new variety. Clip the faded blooms so the flowers will keep coming.

Euphorbia characias wulfenii

Upright stems crowded with narrow blue-green leaves form a dome-shaped bush 4 ft. high and wide.

Chartreuse flower clusters appear in late winter or early spring (cut spent ones out at the base).

Gaillardia x grandiflora

Cheerful daisylike blooms in various warm shades of yellow, bronze, and red. Many varieties are available, with single or double flowers.

Ones we love: foot-tall ‘Goblin’ with deep red flowers bordered in yellow; ‘Yellow Queen’, pure yellow flowers (2 1/2 feet tall), and orange ‘Tokajer’ (3 feet tall).

Gaura (G. lindheimeri)

White flowers cluster like butterflies atop tall spikes on these airy 2½- to 4-foot-tall plants. Selected forms include 'Siskiyou Pink' (to 2 feet tall), with rose-pink flowers and 'Whirling Butterflies' (to 3 feet tall), with white flowers.

Geum chiloense

Tall flower spikes grow from mounds of velvety foliage to 15 inches high, 2 feet wide.

‘Lady Stratheden’ has clear yellow blooms; ‘Mrs Bradshaw’ has double scarlet blooms. Both have a delicate wildflower look.

Gloriosa daisy (Rudbeckia hirta)

Deep golden petals radiate from chocolate centers on 2- to 4-inch-wide flowers.

Plants reach 3 to 4 feet tall and 1 ½ feet wide. Shorter varieties such as ‘Goldilocks’ and ‘Toto’ top out at 10 inches tall.

There are many more that you can look up to plant.