5 Reasons Why You Should Be Part Of Beta Club

This is one of the best opportunities to develop leadership skills, make lifelong friends and more.

34216
National Beta

So, what is Beta Club?

Beta Club is the prestigious volunteer association that accepts students who are recommended by their teachers and meet the 3.0 GPA requirement. However it's awaited invitation doesn't automatically signify your membership into the reputable club, students are required to volunteer for a total a certain number of hours throughout the year to receive a special Beta Graduation Cord. Beta's primary incentive is to educate the youth on important virtues such as gratitude for what we have, and giving back to the community. The club not only focuses on community service though, but it trains youth to become the next servant leaders, who start their own non-profits and go out of their ways to better the world. Beta Club is also a well known resume booster, to any application, but little do people know that Beta is a great way to connect and develop lifelong friendships and a supportive network as well. Although there are plentiful reasons already to join the amazing organization, here are some of the top five reasons you should be part of Beta.

1. To be happier

High school tends to be a really stressful time for most teenagers and when you are slumped with all the schoolwork and tests, everything can seem horrible. However, community service has been proven multiple times to make you feel not only happier, but more optimistic. Volunteering reminds us about how we are actually really fortunate that we have an education to worry about instead of worrying about when your next meal will come from. Not only that, but seeing a warm smile on a person's face that you just helped, tends to make you feel really happy and positive as well.

2. To meet inspiring and supportive friends

Beta Club is a national organization and through it's many conferences you can meet people from all over the United States who share the same passion as you: making the world a better place. When you are surrounded by people who want to make an impact on the world just like you, it's inevitable that friendships and bonds form that keep you connected. Not only will you make great friends at conferences and meetings, but you will meet amazing people in your community as well. Beta Club consists of other passionate and hard working students who dedicate their time to volunteering and community service, and through multiple service activities and working together, everyone gets to know each other really well. These friends will keep you motivated and inspired to keep on changing the world as you grow older and helping your community.

3. To become a leader

"Lead by serving others" is the motto of Beta Club. The club not only emphasizes the importance of volunteering, but the importance of taking charge and being the leaders of the future. Beta members get great experience on how to help other people and what problems that need to be solved in our world. Beta also instills the values of kindness, gratitude, helpfulness and working together into our members, all which are key components to being a successful leader.

4. To help your resume

While this is a selfish reason, it still is a great excuse to help the community. Not only does the national organization look great on paper, but the skill set and valuable experiences you've had with Beta will set you apart from all other programs. Community service has and will always be an integral part of any application and being part of Beta shows dedication, leadership and desire to help.

5. To express yourself

Unlike other clubs who limit themselves to a specific field, Beta has endless opportunities available. The flexibility to choose what type of volunteering, for what organization, and what causes to support help you express your individuality and what you stand for. For example, if you really support the LGBT community and want to be a future coder or engineer, then you can volunteer your time and develop a website or app for a local LGBT organization. There are no restrictions and you can find a way to help a cause you love.

So go ahead and join Beta Club this year for an amazing experience!