What is the key to a happy relationship?
Dating

A Reminder To Always Be Open With Each Other

The most important part of a relationship is honesty.

259

From past and present experience, I know that talking to your significant other about what's on your mind can feel impossible. You don't want to be pegged as annoying. You don't want to be considered clingy. You don't want any negative energy between the two of you. While that's completely understandable, it's important to communicate about everything. If all is well after you two have talked, chances are your relationship will be stronger.

Bonds can be made physically and emotionally. Of course, physical attraction is what strikes your attention, but emotional attraction seals the deal. In order to form a strong bond, you have to be open and honest in your relationship. You have to be clear on what it is you want from each other. Is it just casual? Is it more serious? If an agreement can't be reached, it's not the right fit. If you have worries, no matter when they strike, bring them up in conversation. Talking to your significant other about them will ease your mind, especially if they confirm a positive outcome.

Always remember to be true to yourself. Don't allow your values or opinions to change because of someone else. Keep an open mind and an open heart, but be cautious. Don't allow your world to come crashing down in the instant that something takes a turn for the worst. Both you and your significant other have feelings. Talk about the positives and negatives in your lives. Delve deep into each others' characteristics. It's normal to feel vulnerable. It's what completes you as a human being.

Being in a relationship can be difficult at times. There will come a time when the two of you will need to overcome an obstacle. Communicating about the issue could help solve the problem. You never know until you talk about it.