What's Better Than A Kardashian?

In A World Full Of Kim Kardashians, Be An Audrey Hepburn

"Makeup can only make you pretty on the outside, but it doesn't help if you're ugly on the inside. Unless you eat makeup."

5283

One thing anyone should know about me is that I absolutely, positively love Audrey Hepburn. She's not only a fashion icon, but she's also an incredible actress and she was an ambassador for UNICEF. Hepburn had to live with the effects of World War II, as well as the death of her uncle.

The "Breakfast At Tiffany's" star did not have an easy road to becoming the incredible icon she is today. Death, war, and being moved across countries takes a toll on someone, but, she never once let that interfere with her life and overcame all of her battles.

In today's society, we have Kim Kardashian who cries when her diamond earring falls off in the ocean or rises to fame through her father's work in the OJ Simpson trial and the "world famous" sex tape.

Young women and girls look to famous stars, like Kim Kardashian, as a way to live their life. They dress like them, buy their products, use all of the products they endorse, and even go as far as getting plastic surgery to look like them. Having the mindset that if they do everything like the star, they will eventually have a life like theirs.

The role models we need shouldn't endorse lip fillers, shouldn't be famous for how "big their butts are," and certainly shouldn't rise to fame by creating a sex tape.

Role models should have poise They should be known for their contributions to both society, charities, and for how they overcame hardships.

The Kardashians are famous for all of the wrong reasons and are given the spotlight over things that actually matter.

Our society has changed in the sense that women are now getting more respect (which they definitely deserve, we have babies for crying out loud) and are making steps in the business world that we haven't been able to do before. Girls who grow up worshiping the Kardashians, and people like them, might as well be taking five steps back for women in society.

I will say that each Kardashian has built their own brand and have made their own net worth. But, they certainly didn't do it on their own nor do they have the morals that every young girl should have. Such as, not posting your sex tape on the internet.

With all of the steps women have made towards gaining the respect we deserve, we shouldn't allow a reality star to be idolized for her figure and her money.

The world needs more Audrey Hepburn's; women who believe and inspire other young women to accomplish their dreams and be able to overcome their personal battles, with the world or within themselves.

So the next time you flip on the TV and start watching "Keeping Up With The Kardashians," you might want to throw on Netflix instead and watch "Breakfast At Tiffany's," you'll probably learn a lot more about life rather than losing brain cells learning about lip fillers.