Bay Area Events : February 2017

Bay Area Events : February 2017

Here is a list for you music-goers that is happening in the month of February.

18
Bay Area Events : February 2017
David Nguyen Media

As there are more events happening in the Bay Area, it's easy to lose track of the events you want to go to. I decided to get all the events that I personally would recommend from different genres such as downtempo house to hip-hop.

Share this to your friends. Save it on your computer. Print it out and put it on your refrigerator. This is all the highly, anticipated events in the upcoming weeks you want to know!

FEBRUARY 3RD, 2017

Armin Only: Embrace World Tour // 18+

WHERE: Oakland, CA (Oracle Arena)

TICKETS: Ticketmaster - Armin van Buuren @ Oakland

STYLE/GENRE: Trance, Progressive House

THE HYPE: Armin van Buuren usually doesn’t come to the Bay Area often, if anything, it’s only once a year. I think everyone should experience Armin’s performance once, since he has high production value as well as live vocal performances to capture the euphoric trance mood. One of his most famous song is "This Is What It Feels Like".

Audien: Feels Trip Tour // 18+

WHERE: San Francisco, CA (The Regency Ballroom)

TICKETS: SOLD OUT (try trusted resale websites or "rave" exchange groups, good luck!)

STYLE/GENRE: Progressive House, Big Room

THE HYPE: Audien is a young producer/DJ that the younger generation knows. He can work the crowd easily with his pop, melodic remixes and tracks such as his new single, "Crazy Love " and "Something Better" that can hit the feels hard - pun intended. Take a listen to all of his songs! Trust me, you will not be disappointed.

FEBRUARY 4TH, 2017

Matoma: Party At Your Place Spring Tour // 21+

WHERE: San Francisco, CA (Ruby Skye)

TICKETS: Eventbrite - Matoma @ San Francisco

STYLE/GENRE: Big Room,Tropical, Hip-Hop

THE HYPE: Matoma is one of those underground artists that not many people know, but will soon be on a rise. He is known for his recent popular song, "False Alarm". Most of his other songs are right for the club scene, since it does not go “hard with the drops”. Other than that, I think this is an event to go to if you’re looking for new artists to discover on your free time.

FEBRUARY 10TH, 2017 - VALENTINE'S WEEKEND

Basecamp & Haux // 18+

WHERE: San Francisco, CA (Rickshaw Stop)

TICKETS: Eventbrite - Basecamp @ San Francisco

STYLE/GENRE: Downtempo, Synthpop

THE HYPE: Basecamp has many of their songs released through OWSLA, Skrillex's record label. They're known for pushing the limits of electronic music by creating an aesthetically, colorful stage as well as their famous single, "Emmanuel".

Borgeous // 18+

WHERE: San Francisco, CA (Temple SF)

TICKETS: Eventbrite - Borgeous @ San Francisco

STYLE/GENRE: Progressive House, Electro House, Big Room

THE HYPE: John Borger, also known as Borgeous, is an American DJ and music producer. Even though Borgeous was caught with KSHMR ghost producing for him, he is still able to hype the crowd up with his energetic songs such as "Invincible", "Zero Gravity", and the widely-known in collaboration with DVBBS, "Tsunami".

Kravers: Valentine's Take Over // 21+

WHERE: Sunnyvale, CA (Pure Lounge)

TICKETS: http://www.purelounge408.com/calendar/ (RSVP through their website)

STYLE/GENRE: Pop House, Electro House, Trap, Dubstep, Hardstyle

THE HYPE: It's a free event if you RSVP through their website and you must do it before 11pm. Besides that, if anyone has work the next day, just know that you were able to have a fun night with your close friends along with a free admission.

FEBRUARY 11TH, 2017

CRUSH SF: Afrojack, Andrew Luce, Illenium, Shaun Frank, Team EZY, Wiwek // 18+

WHERE: San Francisco, CA (Bill Graham Civic Auditorium)

TICKETS: Ticketmaster - Insomniac Presents : CRUSH SF

STYLE/GENRE: Electro, Trap, Hip-Hop, Future Bass, Big Room

THE HYPE: You get a taste of every genre in just one event. It’s also to spice things up before Valentine's Day!

Tokimonsta + Cri // 21+

WHERE: San Francisco, CA (Audio SF)

TICKETS: TICKETS CLOSED (try trusted resale websites or exchange groups, goodluck!)

STYLE/GENRE: Trap, Hip-Hop

THE HYPE: Tokimonsta’s studio recordings are mellow, but when it comes to live performances, it’s a totally different style. She is known for her energetic, trap single, "Put It Down".I personally would love to see her perform again, but I’m not of age to enter the venue.

FEBRUARY 16TH, 2017

Russ // ALL AGES

WHERE: Oakland, CA (Fox Theater)

TICKETS: Ticketmaster - Russ @ Oakland

STYLE/GENRE: Rap, Hip-Hop

THE HYPE: Russ Vitale , also known as Russ is an American hip-hop recording artist and producer. He is also one of the fastest growing artists in the year of 2016. One of his known tracks is "Pull The Trigger " since it has heavy bass and powerful lyricism.

Joyryde, Dr. Fresch, Aryay, & Sam F. // 18+ (Wobbleland Pre-Party)

WHERE: San Francisco, CA (Ruby Skye)

TICKETS: Eventbrite - Wobbleland Pre-Party @ San Francisco

STYLE/GENRE: Trap, Hip-hop, Bass

THE HYPE: Half of these artists had their tracks released on Skrillex’s record label, OWSLA, plus it’s not your typical rave music. If you’re interested to find more underground, up and coming artists, this is an event you may want to go if you’re being cheap towards Wobbleland.

FEBRUARY 17TH, 2017 - CHOOSE WISELY

Wobbleland 2017: Zomboy, Ekali, Datsik, Joyryde, Valentino Khan, etc. // 18+ (3 DAYS)

WHERE: San Jose, CA (City National Civic)

TICKETS: Eventbrite - Wobbleland 2017 @ San Jose

STYLE/GENRE: Dubstep, Trap, Hip-hop, Bass

THE HYPE: Wobbleland 2016 was amazing, but this year the event promoter decided to put in more underground artists that is fairly cheap for a 3-day event. People in the Bay Area should not miss this as it only appears once a year and should experience different genres.

DVBBS: The Beautiful Disaster Tour // 18+

WHERE: San Francisco, CA (The Warfield)

TICKETS: AXS - DVBBS @ San Francisco

STYLE/GENRE: Big Room House

THE HYPE: The duo has collaborated wth many artists such as Martin Garrix, Borgeous, etc. on popular singles such as "Gold Skies", "Tsunami", and "LA LA LAND". If you don't have enough money to go to Wobbleland, I would recommend individuals to go to this event, plus it's really cheap!

Whethan: Savage Tour // 21+

WHERE: San Francisco, CA (1015 Folsom)

TICKETS: Eventbrite - Whethan @ San Francisco

STYLE/GENRE: Pop House, Hip-Hop, Trap

THE HYPE: Whethan quickly gained the audience's ears in the electronic scene with his trap, pop sound which is noticeable to hear in two of his famous singles: "Savage" and "Can't Hide". Again, if you can't afford to go to Wobbleland and tired of seeing careless teenagers, you could expect a good and intimate time at this event.

FEBRUARY 23RD, 2017

Tennyson, Qrion, Starfari, Julia Lewis // 18+

WHERE: San Francisco, CA (Brick & Mortar Music Hall)

TICKETS: Ticketfly - Tennyson @ San Francisco

STYLE/GENRE: Downtempo, Future, Experimental

THE HYPE: These artists are known for experimenting their tracks, where not normal listeners could develop instantly. If you're able to let your ears be open to different genres, I would recommend listening to Tennyson's "With You". I personally would go to this event, since it allows me to step back from the mainstream electronic scene.

Herobust: Vertebreaker Tour // 18+

WHERE: San Francisco, CA (Ruby Skye)

TICKETS: Eventbrite - Herobust @ San Francisco

STYLE/GENRE: Electro House, Dubstep, Trap

THE HYPE: Herobust is known for his enormous, glitchy bass live sets. If you're still interested, take a listen to Herobust and Snails collaboration single, "Pump This"; you will not be disappointed you energetic young ones!

Remember to be safe and look out for each other as these highly, anticipated events are slowly coming back to the Bay Area for the spring season.