10 Basics That Need To Be on every College girl's Packing List

Ten of the most realistic things that you will want to include on your packing list for 'back to school'.

216
college dorm
Instagram

Summertime is almost over, which means tons of college girls all over the country are making lists on the dorm essentials they need to pack for this year of school. Some college packing lists include things that you will never use in your entire four years of college, and it's crazy to think that you will pack those items just for them to stay in the box under your bed for four years.

When I was packing for my first two years of college, I fell prey to those lists and I ended up packing all those things that I would never use and I ended up taking them back home during Thanksgiving break. As a college girl that is going into her third year of college, I have decided to create this list for you that has the most basic things that my friends and I use every day. This list is the things that have made our lives easier and has helped us get this far in our college careers.

1. A functional backpack

The beautiful backpack you found online may fit your aesthetic perfectly, but trust me when I say that you won't care about your aesthetic the moment your backpack rips when you are running late to your 8 a.m. You will care that you can fit everything you need into your backpack flawlessly and that your backpack won't rip on during the third week of school.

A backpack for college needs to be as functional as possible as you will probably be carrying at least your computer, textbooks, and some notebooks as you trek across campus to get from class to class. Trust me, you can find functional backpacks that complete your aesthetic!

2. Leggings

upload.wikimedia.org

You may think that you are going to dress up every day or that you will plan your outfits out the night before, but this will probably only last a few weeks at most. Between classes, staying up late studying, working, and balancing a social life, you will be tired to worry about dressing up for class. You will want something that you can wear to class, to the gym, a party, and work and leggings will be your best option. Leggings are a staple that you can pair with anything as you run out the door and still show up to your 8 a.m. looking like a 10.

3. Dry shampoo

Dry shampoo will literally change and save your life. Do you want to skip the shower so you can sleep in for 45 extra minutes? Dry shampoo. Does your hair look a little greasy but you have a hot date in an hour? Dry shampoo. Dry shampoo will give you so much more time to do whatever you would rather be doing with your time than washing your hair.

4. A good water bottle

You will want to stay hydrated for obvious reasons and having a water bottle will help you stay hydrated. By having a water bottle on you, it will be easier to make sure you are drinking enough throughout the day as you go to class, the gym, and work.

5. A whiteboard

upload.wikimedia.org

College life can be hectic, but a whiteboard can help to make your life not as hectic. You can plan out your class and work schedule on the whiteboard so you can see what your day is going to be like. You can plan out your to-list or a cleaning checklist as well. The possibilities for a whiteboard are endless.

6. Rechargeable battery pack

Your phone battery probably won't last from the time you leave for your 8 a.m. until the time you get back to your dorm at night. You will be able to charge your phone as you walk from class to class and sometimes even in class you will need it if you don't sit by an outlet. This way your phone won't die and you won't miss out on important emails like one saying that your class clear across campus is canceled or the text from the cute boy in your stats class.

7. Rain gear

You will think that you just need an umbrella and you will be set, but you're wrong. You won't understand the need for rainboots, a rain jacket, and an umbrella until it's pouring rain outside and you have to trek across campus to your next class. You may think rain gear looks gross, but guess what's even grosser? Sitting in a lecture hall soaked from the rain and having soaked feet. Trust me, Greg from Iced Mocha Latte won't care that you are wearing rain boots, so get over it and just wear them when it's raining.

*This one depends on where you live because if you live in an area that doesn't get rain, then I don't suggest worrying about packing rain gear.*

8. Clorox wipes

Sickness spreads so quickly in residence halls, so you will want to be prepared with Clorox wipes. You will want to use Clorox wipes on literally everything you can so you also don't get sick. If you think you won't get sick, I'm sorry that you are wrong because around week three or four of being around a bunch of people, you will start to get sick.

9. Extra chargers.

upload.wikimedia.org

Chargers break, get lost, or your friend "forgets" to return the charger that you let them borrow earlier. You will want to have extra chargers so that way you won't have to make a late night run to find a charger so you can charge your phone while you sleep. You will also be thankful that you have an extra one when your charger stops working a few hours before you are supposed to go out.

10. Planner.

Balancing school, work, student organizations, and a social life requires you to schedule everything out. You will depend on your planner to figure out when assignments are due and when meetings are. Using a planner will be your saving grace on multiple occasions.

You will obviously need more than these basic 10 things like bedding and all those other fun items that you will spend hours in Bed, Bath, and Beyond and Target looking for. I'm sure you will find this list to be one of the most realistic and down-to-earth lists out there as these are things that I actually use in my daily life and have used since my freshmen year of college.

From Your Site Articles