I'm A Ball Cap And T-Shirt Kind Of Girl, And That Is Totally OK

I didn't always find that fitting to my personality.

56

Growing up I was girly. When I entered junior high, I started to become more "relaxed" in how I dressed. It was rare to catch me in a dress or anything other than pants and a t-shirt. My hair was always in a ponytail or a bun, and when I did wear it down it was like I was another person.

I very quickly found people pointing things out that were different about me compared to the other girls. That was probably because the other girls dressed more according to the standards of how girls "should" dress. I didn't always find that fitting to my personality.

I found any shirt other than a t-shirt to be uncomfortable. It simply wasn't me. I'm not the girl who wears the "fancy" shirts and pants. I'm not the girl who does her hair every day, either. I throw my hair up and put a ball cap on. I guess you could say my outfit is not complete unless I have my cap on. It is a rare occasion to see me without one on my head.

I'm the girl who wears t-shirts and ball caps, and I'm okay with it. I would much rather be comfortable in what I'm wearing than wear something because someone told me to. There is nothing wrong with that. I have been told that I need to dress a little nicer, and that just isn't the truth. I think people have this image in their head that guys and girls dress in specific ways. They can't move from that, but honestly, they can!

I'm always going to support my teams with my logoed t-shirts. I'm always going to love my worn-in t-shirts. I'm always going to love my hats that have been worn so much they are now floppy. I'm comfortable in my clothes. I don't need to be dressed to feel confident.

I'm not saying it's wrong or you're a bad person if you like to dress up. I like to dress up, too, but it's a rare occasion. I'm glad that you find confidence in dressing up. I can't say that is always true for me. Sure, sometimes I am confident when I dress up. In all reality, it's not who I am. I'm not into being fancy on an average day. I would rather be comfortable in my sweats and a tee. I would rather know and feel like I'm not sticking out amongst the crowd.

It's totally OK if you prefer a t-shirt to dress or vice versa. It's all about your confidence. If you're confident in a more relaxed look, then rock it! If you're more confident in a fancier look, then rock it! For me, I will stick with me preferred t-shirt and ball cap. It's just who I am.