Here I Am, Bare For You All

Here I Am, Bare For You All

Let's take a look, shall we?

11
Here I Am, Bare For You All

I know what you are thinking: there is a weird selfie with a girl staring wide eyed into the camera. Well, that girl is me...I decided to write this article a while ago after having an epiphany on my life, and who I was, and where I was going in my life. I just decided to look at myself in a mirror and despite this picture looking strange because I am looking into the camera, you, my readers, are the mirror.

So here I am, bare for you all. What do you see? Hair all bed mused, blue eyes, a small amount of freckles over some dark circles and pinch-able cheeks, and one side of my face asymmetrical with the other. Not perfect. Not anything amazing.

A face; a blank face.

But I think it's pretty great. Some of you find me beautiful, some not so much, some may think I need some makeup, some say I am fine the way I am. You are the beholder. Already, you are doing a mirror's job.

See there are days I wake up, look at myself and decide my worth. Am I pretty today? Am I too tired looking and need concealer? If I go out looking either way, who will I see? Will they see me the way I see myself in the mirror at the time being?

Now what else can a mirror detect? What else can you detect past my bare face? Can you see my bare soul? Can you see I have been struggling with self worth, struggling with the definition of "friendship", struggling with the definition of who I am and not who I was?

My mirror has seen me change...Can you see it? Can I see it?

I am vulnerable in front of you, and I laugh because I feel like an infant. I have started to write on a new blank slate; one with no cracks or divots but completely clean and untouched. Will I mess up again? Will I move on? Will my new slate fall and break and I need glue to fix it?

Most likely.

But here I am, bare for you all; no hiding. Myself again. Ready to believe in a better chance. Second chances don't happen much and we learn to pray to fate to give them to us. We make better chances. We become better chances.

I don't need someone to look at my bare face and only see the skin. My bare skin isn't perfect, and hopefully onlookers know that neither am I. It's time to stop trying and let the world see the real me, both on the inside and outside.