Banning abortions won't stop abortions, It Will only stop sAFE abortions
Wellbeing

The nice thing is: no one is FORCING you to get one. And if someone is, you're in an abusive relationship.

151
Creative Commons/Photo by ALL Life Defender

I'm in a community that highly values conservatism.

Anything different is bad, and you're wrong, not me, I'm not willing to think about what you're saying. My parents didn't raise me like this and I didn't want to be like that, so I'm not. I'm envious of those who grew up in an area that values genuine conversation and listening instead of instantly responding.

A hot issue in my area is abortions. I have people flooding my feed with how it's wrong and it's murder and anyone who has it should go to jail. I actually had a conversation with someone and straight up told them: "For all you know, I've had an abortion. Or I haven't. Either way, it's none of your business."

I stand by this to this day. I won't even say which one is true, because that's the point. You don't get to know every detail about me. It's called privacy: you don't get to go to any of my doctors and just get my medical files. This still applies.

But, back to the topic of banning abortions.

You will never ban abortions. Never. You will only ban safe abortions. Abortions have existed since pregnancy has existed. No matter why someone wants an abortion, it's none of your business. You shouldn't even know unless they're telling you. Again, it's like going to my doctor and asking when I had chicken pox.

What someone else does is none of your business. It's like gay marriage or sex, you don't have to have one. Just let the people who want/need to have them actually have access to them.

And, frankly, I don't get being obsessed with other peoples' bodies. I find that creepy. I have no desire to know what has or hasn't been in your Uterus. I don't get why you want to know mine.

But if you did somehow get abortions banned nation-wide, they'd still happen. There'd be underground doctors who do it under risky conditions. There'd be home remedies to have an abortion way later than what is now legal.

Here's the thing: if you want to stop abortions, you'd help the women who are pregnant after they give birth. You'd promote non-abstinence based sex-ed. You'd provide easy, affordable access to birth control. You would do literally everything BUT ban abortions.

Listen to the people who have had abortions, 99% of the time they will say they're not sorry, but they hated it. Learn from them, and ask them what would stop abortions. Banning it will not help.