A Band on the Rise: An Interview With Band Picturesque

If you are looking for good music that is not going to break the bank, I suggest fans of the post-hardcore group to give this band a try.

877
https://www.facebook.com/picturesque/photos

Picturesque is a band that recently got signed to EqualVision Records. If you are a fan of Sleeping with Sirens or Circa Survive, this is a band that you might find interesting. A band residing in Lexington, Kentucky, they have started to become quite popular, with a recent music video this summer. However, despite the rising success of this band, Kyle, the band's vocalist, still remains as humble as ever.

“We started this band two years ago, we all wanted to do something a little different in our scene.” Picturesque proves that you don’t have to be a rock band with tons of screams and breakdowns to be taken seriously. Kyle gave some advice he would give to future bands, though very plain it seems to be advice that is often taking for granted. "Find people that are on the same page and that you really enjoy spending time with.”

The Monstrous EP can be purchased on iTunes and on Amazon. It can also be listened to on YouTube, iTunes, and Spotify. If you are looking for good music that is not going to break the bank, I suggest fans of the post-hardcore group to give this band a try.

Happy Listening!

What's the name of your band? What's the origin of that name? Have you changed the band's name before?

Picturesque. We had a list of names and it was the only one that stuck

Please list the name, age, school, and respective instrument of each band member.

Kyle Hollis - Vocals

Dylan Forrester - Guitar

Zach Williamson - Guitar

Robert Mote - Bass

Cole Clark - Drums

What genre of music do you consider your work to be? Who are your major influences?

Post hardcore / Screamo without the screaming

How long have you all known each other? How did you meet?

About 4 years

When did you form your band? What inspired you to make music together?

Two years ago. We all wanted to do something a little different in our scene.

Do you have a record label? Are you a member of any music organizations?

We are signed to Equal Vision Records

Where have you performed? What are your favorite and least favorite venues? Do you have any upcoming shows?

All over the US and Canada. We don't really have a least favorite yet, but the masquerade in Atlanta and Chain Reaction in Anaheim always treat us really well.

Which songs do you perform most frequently? Do you ever play any covers? Do you have a set playlist?

The Monstrous Things EP minus Unannounced

Who writes your songs? What are the main themes or topics for most of your songs? Do you think these topics will change over time?

Everyone in the band plays a part in writing. The topics are always changing to something Kyle's going through or feels strongly about.

Could you briefly describe your music-making process?

It's always different. Sometimes we start with a melody and sometimes an instrumental.

What are your rehearsals generally like? Do you have a set time each week in which you practice or are rehearsals more spontaneous?

Super spontaneous.

How has your music evolved since you first began playing music together?

We've started writing more dynamic music.

What has been your biggest challenge as a band? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so, how?

Keeping the van running.

What's your ultimate direction for your band? Are you seeking fame and fortune?

To write relatable music that can help people out.

What advice do you have for people who want to form their own bands?

Find people that are on the same page and that you really enjoy spending time with.

How can fans-to-be gain access to your music?

Youtube, iTunes, Spotify ect

Is there anyone you'd like to acknowledge for offering financial or emotional support?

Shout out to EVR and to Billy Candler for putting up with us!

Any last words?

Come see us play and hang out with us at a show!