Back To School Blues As Told By 'Friends'

I mean, isn't that just kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic?

12
Friends

The back to school blues is something we know all too well. The end of summer is nearing and the multi-staged process of accepting the return of school is beginning. It is one fraught with anger, denial and stress. So I've gathered up the "Friends" cast to help put what everyone is feeling into words and help relieve some of our pain.

The initial stage of denial that summer is ending.

When all the adults in your life won't stop asking you if you're excited for the new semester.

But your family is starting to drive you crazy and leaving doesn't sound like the worst thing.

Having to say goodbye to all your hometown friends.

Even worse, having to say goodbye to your dog.

But once you're back you get to reunite with your school friends.

Soon realizing you didn't lose that weight you were planning to over the summer.

Getting that first email from your professors telling you how excited they are and how you already have work to do.

Knowing you have to start getting up early for class every day.

Having to get back into the groove of having a roommate to deal with.

Finding someone new to crush on in class.

When you have to go buy your insanely overpriced textbooks that you'll never actually use even though the teacher swears you will.

Being back in school just reminds you that you still have no idea what you are doing with your life.

Your teachers telling you all about the honor code and the dangers of plagiarism.

When you survive the first week of classes.

And so begins the countdown to winter break.

It isn't pretty but we all go through it. Once all of that is finally out of the way, all we have to do now is make it though the rest of the year...