Back to School, Back to Work

Back to School, Back to Work!

The only place "Success" comes before "Work" is in the dictionary.

23
Back to School, Back to Work!
Bing.com

By this time, everyone is back at school and trying to get back into the groove of things. It's a new year, it's a new you. All new classes, all new teachers, and all new connections. For some, it's their first day of school. Others, their first day of college. And for others still, their first day of Senior year! Whatever the case may be, make it a good one.

Going back to school can be a little daunting. Some dread social interactions. Other individuals thrive in classroom settings. Some people worry that events and situations from the previous year will carry over, making the new year bad before it even begins. What you all need to do, regardless of your situation, is take a step back and evaluate where you are. Once you figure out where you are, you need to begin the next step: Where do you want to go?

That can be a very loaded question. For some, its to just simply graduate high school and get it over with. Others, it's to tackle a huge project. There can be multiple answers to the question "Where do you want to go from here?" And that's okay! It all starts with making a plan and sticking to it.

Not every plan works though, and while you want to remain consistent and strong, you also will need to be flexible and open to the fact that not every plan will work for you. A fantastic thing to do to ensure that you are getting to where you want the most efficient and healthiest way possible is to do one simple thing. Take care of yourself.

One would think this to be an easy task. It's simple, but not easy. Especially this day in age, taking care of yourself is often judged as being "rude" or "selfish." It's not! To get to where you want to be, you must work hard, be healthy, and put yourself first. No one else should come before you and that's a fact.

I know how difficult a task that can be. I am trying to help you get there before you make yourself sick or it gets to the point where you need additional help to get back on track. The fear of losing friends and burning bridges with others is a scary thing. But in the end, you need to put yourself first. if your "friends" can't accept and support that you need some self-time, then they aren't true friends. Friends, and family, should bring you up. They should never hold you back and bring you down.

So, with the start of a fresh school year upon us, let's not wait any longer. Take care of yourself, make choices for you, and work hard to get where you want to be. Make a plan for you, no one else. Stick to it, adapt and change it when necessary, and you'll be surprised with how far you can go. And remember, you are the most important person in your life.