I'm going to visit my college town and I'm scared I won't want to come back

Why would I wan't to go back to working, paying bills and adulting when I can stay at the alma mater that showed me how to shotgun a beer?

11

I've been saving up money to go visit my college friends in Miami. Lucky for me, the app 'Hopper' made this mission a lot easier. I was out on my afternoon jog when the app sent me a notification that the prices of plane tickets went down. Well that jog turned into a sprint and I got home as fast as I could. I clicked purchase and that was it!

Me, being the planner that I'am, I started contacting all my friends and letting them know to clear their schedules because their "Puerto Rican Princess" was coming back. I started planning what I was going to do each day because I'm only going for 4 days and I want to make sure I don't waste any time.

Saturday: Boat day and wine night!

Sunday: Brunch

Monday: Pending

Tuesday: Pending

As all of these ideas started to flow, I couldn't help but feel exhilarated. I kept reminiscing about when I used to do all of these activities on the regular. Every weekend we had plans and even on some weeknights (Blackbird on Tuesdays). It's the sort of unpredictable fun I've been missing since I graduated.

I also kept thinking about the friends I’m going to reunite with. To have them with me after so many months, was going to be amazing and sad at the same time. Yes, I was going to make more memories with them but it also meant I would have to say goodbye again. I hate saying goodbye to people I care about.

And how can I leave a place like Miami? I love all of the cultures, the people, the food and how there is ALWAYS something to do. It's where I was forced to to grow up and learned how to balance partying and responsibilities. Although it was difficult at first, I admire how I took care of myself without relying too much on mami and papi. It challenged me for the better and I know Miami could keep on challenging me if I where to stay.

But 23-year-old me knows that this mini-vacation won't last forever. With that in mind, I will try to make every day amazing and exciting while I'm there.

I'm pretty sure I will shed a tear on the plane ride back but it will only motivate me to keep on getting that bread. That way, I have the money to visit again or even move back in the future.

P.S. Dad if I don’t come back, this is why.