My One Resolution

My One Resolution

Journaling everyday is my 2019 goal.

176
My One Resolution
Photo by Jessica Lewis from Pexels

I used to be an avid writer when I was younger. From journaling everyday, to composing the occasional poem, it was my therapy. Having my thoughts and feelings written in an accessible place was what I needed to stay sane.

Throughout the years, I got swept up in other avenues and my passion for writing everything out dwindled. I didn't even realize how cathartic keeping a journal was until after I stopped, and the years spent bottling up my feelings and relying solely on memory caught up with me.

I started noticing changes. Since for so long I had focused my energy on talking out emotions by myself through a pen, not having a healthy outlet really affected my overall state of being. Coming to this conclusion wasn't simple, and it took me a really long time to connect the dots and understand why previously simple emotions were taking me for a whirl. But understanding this need to write has helped me understand me!

My big goal for 2019 is to find happiness within myself: to stop relying on outside sources and others for my own personal happiness. One of the ways I've decided to start this process is by going back to my old way of journaling everything out. My one 2019 New Year's Resolution is to write something down every single day, whether it be good or bad, so that at the end of the year I will have a collection of memories to look back on. It may seem like a simple resolution, but I think it's an achievable goal.