Back To College: The Good And The Bad

Back To College: The Good And The Bad

Life will always have good days and bad days.

3
Back To College: The Good And The Bad
allisonfallon.com

As summer comes to an end and we all begin our next year, or even first year in college, we always think about the good and bad things there are with going to college. Some people love college and can give you a bunch of reasons as to why it is the best thing ever. While other can give you a few reason why being home is better. Either way, college is the time to find ourselves and to make the most of it.

College can be a big adjustment for some, while others will get the hang of it in no time. There is always a good and bad to any situation, we just have to make the most of it and try to keep the good thoughts in our minds.

The Bad

1. No more home cooked meals at night.

Now that we are back at college and getting back to the ways of college life we will always have those days when we wish we cold just go home and have a nice cooked meal with all of our favorite foods.

2. Being away from out close ones again.

Whether it is our parents, grandparents, friends or even our pet dog, we always have to go through the part of goodbyes when leaving for college. No one likes good byes but always remember that it is not forever.

3. Shower shoes.

Do I need to say more? I'm sure we hate having to use them.

4. The start of classes.

Many of us are excited to get back to college but then we remember that we have to start classes... and don't forget to set your alarm clock for that 8 am!

The Good

1. Freedom.

We hear this one a lot. and it is true. We are able to do whatever we want whenever we want and we don't have to check in with anyone.

2. Making new friends.

Each year gives us an opportunity to make new friends and have a good college experience to look back on. As the year comes to a start we have to remember that each year a start if something exciting and new.

3. Home away from home.

For many people college is their home away from home. We love our college and the people there. We wish the summer would go by so that we can return and have a good time. Of course in the beginning it could take a little adjusting to but once we get into the swing of things everything goes smoothly.

4. Seeing all our friends again.

The summer felt like it was dragging when all we want is to see our college friends. Once we are all reunited it is like nothing has changed.

Don't sit around all day thinking about what you could have done differently or if this college is the right one for you. In this moment, live it. Make the most out o fit because the year will go by faster than you think. Yes it's hard to leave friends and family but you will meet a lot of people, some people who can change your life.

As the semester starts and we all prepare ourselves for what the year has to offer us, just remember that it is part of life. We will have the good and the bad days but we can always learn from these things.