Season 16 Of 'The Bachelorette' Postponed Due To Coronavirus

Coronavirus Gets Clare Crawley's First Rose — Season 16 Of 'The Bachelorette' Is POSTPONED

"Nothing could be worse than Peter Weber's sea—"

16858
ABC

OK, coronavirus, you have officially gone too far.

Warner Bros. announced Friday that it is postponing production on season 16 of "The Bachelorette" due to the pandemic, right around the same time President Donald Trump declared coronavirus a national emergency.

The new season, which could now start in June at the earliest, will star 38-year-old Clare Clawey. The news comes just days after season 24 of "The Bachelor" came to a dramatic conclusion. Crawley shouldn't mind waiting just a little bit longer to find love — especially if she has better luck than Peter Weber did. Weber proposed to Hannah Ann, only to have her break up with him weeks later because he still was in love with Madison Prewett. Prewett came on the live segment of the finale with Chris Harrison, where it was implied she and Weber could give things a second chance.

Just three days later it was announced the two had ended things for good.

"The Bachelorette" is the latest event to be canceled or postponed due to coronavirus, in a list that only seems to be getting longer by the minute.