This Season Of 'The Bachelorette' Was A Disappointment

This season was just a mess.

16

This week is the season finale of "The Bachelorette." The big question, Garrett or Blake? At the beginning of each season the host, Chris Harrison, promised that it would be the most dramatic season yet. However, it has been far from that.

Each season of this show is usually riddled with stupid antics and a lot of tears. The guys or girls are usually caught in some sort of scandal that is then blown out of proportion. There is always a huge fight and then someone tattles to the Bachelor/Bachelorette. It's always something interesting each season.

This season had the usual fights, the dramatic two on one date, and a best friend backstabbing plot twist. It just didn't have the same appeals as it usually does. Sure, it was dramatic for TV, but most seasons I'm glued to my TV waiting to see what happens next.

Even with Becca's friend admitting she still had feelings for one of the contenders and the drama that Jordan, the model, caused everything felt more forced than normal. The producers of the show no doubt used every little thing to their advantage, but there was no "oh my god" drama.

In past seasons there has been everything from one of the contestants literally fighting everybody in the house, to a breakup on national TV when the Bachelor decided to choose another girl. This season started off with a fight over a picture frame, and it only went downhill from there.

That is the stuff I live for when watching these shows. I don't get too excited when I see a preview that one of the guys may have hit another guy. Only to later find out he just fell out of his bunk bed.

Even the Men Tell All wasn't as interesting as it once was. Sure, they were throwing insults at each other, but nobody was truly in the hot seat this time. The most interesting part was the bloopers during the last five minutes of the episode.

There wasn't even a true "villain" during this season. It just sort of jumped around each week based on what storyline was being told. I wasn't sitting at home yelling at the TV and hoping that Becca would send a certain guy home.

It also became painfully obvious who Becca would have as her last two men. She clicked naturally with them and has even admitted to being in love with one of them. It takes the fun out of the season when you know how it will all end.

Each summer and winter I get so excited for the new season. It's my guilty pleasure on Monday nights. However, this season was less than expected. It was disappointing, and at some points, I didn't even watch.

Maybe the season finale will hold some sort of drama. Because we all know that it lacked this season.