Bachelor Breakdown: Snitches Get Stitches

An Odyssey Panel Discussion of "The Bachelor" Season 24 Episode 5

1403
ABC

If you've been watching this season of "The Bachelor," you likely have A LOT of thoughts already. And you're not alone.

We put together a panel of viewers to recap and react to this week's episode and let's just say their opinions are as enthusiastic as Hannah Ann at the first cocktail party.

She Made Her Bed And Has To Alayah In It

Did Peter do the right thing by sending Alayah home after giving her the date rose?

Stephanie – He should NOT have given her the date rose in the first place, like really Peter? When she came back last week, he let her say her peace and then he should have been like "OK, thank you, but you still have to go home."

Keely – From my point of view, I think Peter did the right thing for the "show" and for the sanity of the contestants, but I wonder if Peter still has some unresolved feelings for Alayah. I believe Peter sent Alayah home out of fear that some of the girls would leave the show or perhaps he felt pressured by the girls, and I do not blame the girls for being disappointed in him. However, he has the freedom of choice, and just because the majority of girls did not like Alayah does not mean Peter should base his choices off the contestants' opinions and feelings.

Liv – Peter definitely did the right thing by sending Alayah home, and FINALLY, am I right? She definitely tried to put on a show to act like the victim like she was forced out of the house by the girls, smh.

Marguerite – I think it was a little "too little too late." He should've never asked her back in the first place knowing that she'd stir up so much drama. Let her speak her peace but then don't bring her back. It makes Peter looks wishy-washy which is exactly what he said.

Kissing In Costa Rica

On a scale from 1 to 10, how dumb was it for Peter to tell Sydney she's "the best kisser" knowing that all the other women will hear it when the show airs?

Stephanie – Around an 8.3 for me. It was a tacky thing to say, and when you know there are 11 other girls less than 50 feet away from you and they are competing FOR YOU, it's rude. But to him, I guess it seemed like a term of endearment to keep Sydney close???

Keely – Even though the Arenal Volcano wasn't erupting in Costa Rica, the girls were definitely erupting haha! Peter gets a solid 8 from me because what happens on television airs on television for the world to see, so there's no way he can erase what he told Sydney. Again, all people should be free to express themselves in any way they want, but Peter's diction with the word "best" will ultimately get him into trouble. Instead, Peter should have said, "She's a great kisser!" in order to evade being condemned.

Liv – It was a 7. Like I can see in the moment why he said it, but he should've held it back or at least told her she's "such a good kisser" instead for the sake of it potentially causing drama with the other women. Come on, Peter, think with your head, not that thing inside your pants.

Marguerite – Not the smartest move but it doesn't seem like he is making a lot of those. I would say a solid 6. It's not the worst thing he's done. If he wants to build a good relationship with Sydney that would be great for her to hear but you obviously know she's going to run back and tell the girls exactly what he said. I mean if I got that compliment I'd probably do the same.

America's Next Top Bachelor Contestant

Who do you think deserved to win the Cosmo cover?

Stephanie – Ohhhhh the Cosmo cover. I'd have to say either Tammy for her facial expressions or Natasha because she looked fierce and bada**.

Keely – How funny that Victoria F. was complaining before she walked across the stage modeling clothes in a prior episode, but yet she had the audacity to wear a bathing suit in front of the cameras for the Cosmo cover photoshoot. To her defense, I guess she wasn't posing in front of numerous strangers this time around. However, I don't think she deserved to win the Cosmo cover. Even though I am very upset with Tammy right now, I would have given Tammy the winner title because she was goofy and having fun during the photoshoot.

Liv – I think Madison deserved the Cosmo cover. I know some interactions are excluded for the show, but the effortless fun and goofing around for the 3.5 seconds with Madison was so cute and pure, plus she was beautiful and sweet throughout the whole experience.

Marguerite – Does Peter have to be on the cover? Because I thought Lexi's and Natasha's picture was amazing but I also have to give Tammy props for her candid picture when Peter was making out with Hannah Ann.

Kelsey's So Emotional, Baby

Was Tammy right to accuse Kelsey of being too emotional, or was she wrong to shame her for dealing with this process in her own way?

Stephanie – I can see it from both sides, but I do think that it was not Tammy's place to say something about it because now everyone is going to come after her for saying something about another girl to Peter.

Keely – Tammy, Tammy, Tammy! Tammy had NO right to accuse Kelsey of being too emotional. First of all, it is not Tammy's place to stick her nose into someone else's personal business, and what's worse is Tammy exaggerated the whole situation to make it sound much worse than what it really was. People deal with their emotions in various ways and some people are more emotional than others. Evidently, Tammy was not empathic, sympathetic, nor respectful of Kelsey's emotions since she blabbed to Peter about it. Leave the poor girl alone, Tammy.

Liv – Tammy was NOT right to accuse Kelsey of being emotional. I thought it was SO uncalled for. Like, if you wanna just talk with your girlfriends about someone being annoying for something irrational, sure go ahead, but don't go and tell Peter and then claim it as being "concerned for her," then blame her for alcoholic tendencies and popping pills? There's a line and Tammy was a mile past it.

Marguerite – Honestly, I'm still surprised Kelsey is here after night one of Champagne-gate. If I were Peter after that incident she would've been sent packing. Tammy should've stayed in her lane but also Kelsey needs to understand the concept of the show and not freak out every time Peter goes on a one-on-one date which is obviously going to continue to happen.

Crazy For Peter

After all of the drama, tears, and yelling that the canceled cocktail party sparked, who are you MOST disappointed in?

Stephanie – MOST disappointed would have to go to Victoria P. because she acted like she had nothing to with the drama between Kelsey and Tammy when originally she was the first one to say something. Lexi was calling people out and Victoria P. should have been named.

Keely – When there is a conflict amongst a group of people, I always look back to see who the instigator was. Who instigated the pointless drama in this episode? Tammy wins the trophy for who I am MOST disappointed in. If she would have kept her mouth shut to begin with, the Tammy-versus-Kelsey drama would have likely never happened. Besides, Tammy's drama ultimately backfired on her when some of the other girls stood up for Kelsey.

Liv – I am the most disappointed in Peter honestly. The way he blamed Kelley for their relationship not progressing and her lack of effort was bullshit based on the fact that he was focused on Alayah for the past two weeks. Also, as soon as Peter heard the drug and alcohol rumors Tammy was spreading he should have sent her home, not Lexi.

Marguerite – Uhhh, I feel like I am disappointed in the majority of the girls. Tammy should not have said what she said about Kelsey nor should she have interrupted Peter right before the rose ceremony but I also think it was unnecessary of Lexi and Sydney to egg Tammy on and get this whole situation blown out of proportion. It truly seems like no one actually has a genuine connection with him.

Where Do We Go From Here?

After tonight's episode, who do you think will get Peter's final rose?

Stephanie – Madison. He brought her home to meet his family on their FIRST DATE. If that doesn't get her a final rose then I have no idea what will. Although I am still new to all of this, so maybe there is more that would warrant a final rose than just meeting the fam?

Keely – My intuition is telling me it's between Hannah Ann or Madison for Peter's final rose. I am basing my choices off of Peter's energy when he's around these two girls — he's more giddy, enthusiastic, cheerful, and playful. Maybe this is just me, but I find there is also some underlying allure he has for these girls that goes beyond a physical and emotional connection. However, if I had to pick one person... I would have to say the final rose would go to Madison. As long as Peter is happy, I'm happy!

Liv – Peter is 100% giving the final rose to Madison. I mean there's no question. The physical and emotional connection is undeniable.

Marguerite – Madison. I think she's a no-nonsense type of girl who hasn't been involved in the drama and just seems normal. Unpopular opinion though, I still want him to end up with Hannah B. somehow.

Check out these breakdowns of past episodes:

Episode 2

Episode 3

Episode 4

Want to be a part of this panel in future weeks? Want to host a panel of your own? Email marisa.dipaolo@theodysseyonline.com for more information!