Bachelor In Paradise 4: The Final Review

Was it really the “most dramatic season finale yet” ?

124
Wordpress

It seems like hurricanes weren’t the only chaotic trend this week, as the Bachelor in Paradise finale came in as it’s own storm. The dating show features fan favorites (and some randoms) from previous seasons with an array of personalities. In paradise, anything is possible. Will we have another Jade & Tanner or even a Carly & Evan fairytale ending?

Let's look at some of the highlights...

Chris Harrison is here, what’s the news?

It’s the last day in Paradise. Fantasy Suite Dates. Leave now alone, or tomorrow as a couple. Things are about to get rocky; relationships are put to the test, and conversations are had. As Dean points out “It’s judgment day.”

The goodbyes:

Jack & Christen-

They’re on opposite ends of the spectrum, or quite frankly, the universe. One’s talking about marriage, the other considers the two as acquaintances. The only thing weirder than the actual conversation, was Christen’s exit into the ocean, as she leaves while staying true to her mockery nickname “Scallop Fingers.”

Diggy & _____?

Short and sweet. He had a good run with Dominique but best decision is to leave separately (or at least not with her). Sorry Diggy, Jaimi wants to leave separately too!

Dean & Danielle-

The most hated contestant in paradise this summer spent his time stuck in a love triangle with two beautiful women (doesn’t sound too bad). Viewers were team Kristina, yet wanted nothing more than for him to MAKE UP HIS MIND. Dean ends up choosing lust over love, by accepting a rose from Danielle in the prior week’s episode. But just when you thought he had things figured out for himself, ANOTHER PLOT TWIST?? LEAVE SEPARATELY?? Dean, c’mon you just left Kristina for Danielle and now you’re saying goodbye to her too?? You’re in love with Kristina?? I’m confused. Someone needs to talk to that boy!

Robby & Amanda-

All of America was probably rooting for their favorite single mom to finally find her prince charming, and who better than “Ken Doll” Robby. Robby wanted to take the relationship “back to the states” but was trying too hard for something that wasn’t happening. Until the right man comes along for Amanda, back with her two girls she goes. I would say this is probably the end to her bachelor show career, but Nick Viall did go for fourth times the charm!

Three couples remain:

Daniel & Lacey-

Daniel is one of a kind, so it takes a special person to appreciate him. Looks like he used his words to lure Lacey into the fantasy suite, maybe not for the right reasons. This late-budding relationship seems odd, but maybe they’ll end up happy together in their own weird way?

Adam & Raven-

Although Raven keeps using the word skeptical to describe their relationship, it looks as if their fantasy date went well and that the two are happy and ready to take things into the “real world.”

Derek & Taylor-

The power couple of the season. They are the only couple who started together on day one, so it is no surprise what direction they are headed. Their time in the fantasy suite allowed them to take the next step in their relationship, as they seem very much in love.

And now we’re live.

To Recap:

1. Corinne and Demario are on the same stage after weeks of discussing allegations of misconduct. The air is cleared and they mutually wish nothing but the best.
  2. Amanda & Robby dated after the show. Although briefly, it has since ended. Everyone knows the Ferguson twins have her back, but did Robby cheat on Amanda? Seems like Amanda had the right instincts while leaving paradise, in choosing not to pursue Robby further. As evident by the fact that now she can “finally eat pizza again” it’s safe to say she wants to slow down a little.
  3. Dean contacts Danielle after filming. This adds to the confusion and Dean takes the blame himself. Kristina gives him advice on how to approach future relationships, you go girl!
  4. Lacey and Daniel are not on the same page and have broken up. (not that upset, tbh)
  5. Raven & Adam are still together! They have traveled together since the show and based on their body language and exchanges of “I love you,” we have our first success story! As if meeting Adam’s family next weekend wasn’t soon enough, Adam meets Raven’s family effortlessly right then and there!
  6. Derek & Taylor get ENGAGED! Since paradise they have been thriving, and what better way to end the season then with a live PROPOSAL! It was heart melting and cheesy, (yes I am talking rose petals falling from the ceiling). I was caught sobbing with Taylor as she accepted. Well done, Derek!!

From initial drama to exciting conclusion, the almost cancelled televised event seemed to be well worth it. Until next summer, Bachelor Nation. This bachelor fan is signing off!