'Listen To Your Heart' Bachelor Breakdown: Maybe Next Time He'll Think Before He Cheats

An Odyssey panel discussion of "The Bachelor Presents: Listen to Your Heart" season 1, episode 2.

175
ABC

"The Bachelor Presents: Listen to Your Heart" has only just begun, but you likely have A LOT of thoughts already. And you're not alone.

We put together a panel of viewers to recap and react to this Monday's episode and let's just say their opinions are as entertaining as the show itself.

Trevor's Got A "Girl Crush"

On a scale from 1-10, how would you rate Jamie and Trevor's performance of "Girl Crush?"

Lily – I did not care for it at all. A three at best! Also what was the budget for this date? Was the money their little performance earned what they could use for dinner?

Michael – I'll give it a 6.3. I have not been super impressed with Jamie's voice. I thought her duet with Ryan on "Gravity" in the first episode was far superior.

Liv – I was not a fan, it gets a three out of 10 from me. Their vocals did not sound good together and their whole vibe just seems fake. Trevor seems manipulative to me and I do not like him at all. Just ew.

Marisa – Not to be harsh, but I'd give them a three. Neither one of them impressed me, and their harmonies fell totally flat. To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed in what I've heard from some of these contestants so far. Shouldn't they have been cast for their talent first and foremost?

Maybe Next Time He'll Think Before He Cheats

Do you think Trevor deserved to have his past infidelity outed by Natascha?

Lily – Yes! We are all about airing the dirty laundry — that's why reality TV was invented!

Michael – That was super aggressive and seemed very planned out by producers and Natascha just jumped right in. That said, if you lie and cheat/emotionally cheat on someone — you deserve whatever is coming back your way down the line.

Liv – One-hundred percent. He had ample opportunity to tell Jamie that he emotionally cheated but he danced around the truth that whole conversation. It was honestly just gross. Can you tell I don't like Trevor? Natascha came in there like a bad bitch protecting other women from his shadiness and Jamie decided she was OK with it so, whatever.

Marisa – I don't. Do I think what he did in his last relationship was wrong and hurtful and possibly concerning for future partners? Yes. But everyone makes mistakes, and unfortunately many people who are unhappy in their relationships cheat. Trevor owned up to his mistakes, and I wish he had the opportunity to tell Jamie about it on his own terms. Cheating is never the answer, but we don't know anything about how his ex treated him when they were together and what led him to be unfaithful.

Can't Help Falling In Love

Was Bri and Chris sharing that they're "falling in love" with each other cute or cringe?

Lily – Oh, very cringe. But hey, whatever floats your boat — they seem happy, so I'm happy for them.

Michael – Somewhere in between? Hey, if that's how they're feeling, why not lean in? My only issue with it is that I feel like the show hasn't shown us enough of the origin story of the bond happening, so it seems like it isn't built on much for how fast they're falling for each other.

Liv – Ugh, so cute, they are my current favorites. They both just glow around each other and I feel like musicians tend to feel more quickly because they're so expressive and artistic so it made sense to me that they shared that moment together, I stan them so hard.

Marisa – I have to go with cringe. Bri and Chris are very cute together and I loved watching their date, but I have a hard time believing they are truly falling in love with each other after just one week.

When The Bones Are Good, The Rest Don't Matter

On a scale from 1-10, how would you rate Julia and Sheridan's performance of "The Bones?"

Lily – Julia and Sheridan's performance was definitely the best last night offered. I give them a seven.

Michael – I'll say 8.2. I think sonically, they are the best sounding couple on the show so far, and both can carry a tune.

Liv – I loved their performance, she has a gorgeous voice and his is super dope. I give it an eight out of 10 I thought I saw good chemistry between them while they were singing, but Julia clearly had other thoughts in her mind.

Marisa – I'm going to give Julia and Sheridan a solid eight. They were both clearly nervous for a number of reasons, but the song choice was great for both of their voices, and I think they're both talented singers. I'm looking forward to hearing more from them.

Everything Means Nothing If I Can't Have You

What do you think of Julia after watching her go after Brandon this week?

Lily – Oh I have some WORDS for Julia. Who does she think she is, treating Sheridan like chopped liver? Furthermore, Brandon is pretty clearly invested in Savannah so Julia needs to stay in her lane.

Michael – I think Marisa predicted last week she could end up being the villain of the show, and that looks like that prediction could be spot on. She seems like she gets off on the thrill, and consistently always wants what she can't have the most. Great for the show, not so great for Sheridan.

Liv – I do not think Julia deserves to be painted as a villain because she still had feelings for Brandon. It's not her fault Sheridan was all in on her from minute one, she had her eyes on other people too which she's 100 percent entitled to. I want to see how her relationship continues with Sheridan because I really hope she doesn't just manipulate the situation to keep getting roses from him to try and get with Brandon because that's not cool.

Marisa – Last week I predicted that Julia would be the season's biggest villain, and I stand by that prediction. I absolutely cannot stand for contestants on "Bachelor" shows who choose to talk poorly about other contestants just to lift themselves up, and that is EXACTLY what Julia did to Savannah. Plus, she is stringing Sheridan along when she obviously isn't into him. If she was really torn, she wouldn't be throwing herself at Brandon.

What Hurts The Most... Is Going Home

Which rose were you most surprised by during this week's ceremony?

Lily – Natascha and Ryan seem like the most unlikely match. Natascha also came to play so I'm sure Ryan is merely a means of moving into the following week — poor fella.

Michael – Matt going back to Rudi after their rocky first episode and Rudi's, um, explosive display of emotion in episode two did not come off as a good look. I thought he'd go in a different direction.

Liv – I was shocked that Matt gave his rose to Rudi. It's become very clear to me this week that Rudi is A LOT, which she said multiple times. Like, wow. I thought it was weird she basically demanded to kiss Ryan then was all "aww, I missed you!" then slapped Matt in the face by accident when the week before she cussed him out before the rose ceremony. Yikes, Rudi.

Marisa – I was most surprised by Ryan's decision to give Natascha his rose. Yes, she's beautiful, but she's already caused drama in the house and they don't seem compatible at all. I wish he had given one of the girls he hadn't gotten to know yet a chance instead.

As an Amazon Affiliate partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.