Baby Won't You Come My Way

Baby Won't You Come My Way

There's going to be a whole lot of Trap Queen's at the Mullins Center April 17th

272
Baby Won't You Come My Way
Mullins Center

Have you heard the word? Trap&B artist Fetty Wap, Logic and Tinashe are coming to the Mullins Center for this year's UPC Spring Concert! Rumors were floating around campus that the popular “Trap Queen” singer was going to be the headliner but it was confirmed Sunday night (3/20) at 8pm that UMass students would be seeing the artist live April 17th. Screams of excitement were heard around campus as the UPC video debuting the lineup was released. You can check out the video for yourself here:

Sophomore Kinesiology student Elizabeth Cavanaugh was more than delighted to hear that her favorite artist was going to be headlining this years concert. "As soon as I herd Fetty (Wap) was one of the performers I immediately went ‘gimp eye’ and starting singing ‘baby won't you come my way.’”

Tickets were scheduled to go on sale at 10 am the following Monday (2/21) but students were up and in line way earlier to reserve their tickets. “I was up at 7am to get breakfast and then went to wait for tickets,” said sophomore Mechanical Engineering major Jake Flynn. “I knew the line was going to be ridiculous as it got closer to 10am, so I figured why not get up early and beat the crowd.”

Students started showing up as early as 7:45 to get their floor tickets at a $15 discounted price. At about 9:30, the line had already wrapped its way around the Mullins center and employees had to start organizing boundaries for the line outside the arena. The box office opened and VERY slowly the line started to move. There were reports of students waiting an upwards of four and half hours just to get seats, which is a relatively normal time in comparison to last year's concert.

Students are amped to have this years headliner be such a popular artist, Tinashe and Logic are bonuses too. UPC deserves a huge shoutout for pulling off such an unreal lineup.

Get ready Umass, Spring Concert 2016 is going to be legendary.