To my younger brother, please stop growing up.

To My Younger Brother, Please Stop Growing Up

I don't think I've ever realized how quickly time goes If I'm honest.

234

Dear Baby Brother,

I don't think I've ever realized how quickly time goes by, if I'm honest.

I don't think I remember you growing up as fast as you did.

I remember you barging into my room at the age of two, clearly not knowing the concept of knocking, as you demanded that we play together.

Your favorite was Hide And Seek because you'd always win.

I remember you enjoyed watching Disney movies with me whenever Mom and Dad were working, which was a lot of the time. I'm pretty sure we watched the entire collection.

I remember you telling me I was the best sister in the world.

What I don't remember, however, is you getting a growth spurt, nearly overshooting me with your height.

I don't think I remember your voice changing and you preferring to be on YouTube instead of hanging out with me like we used to.

I don't remember when your XBox became your source for entertainment, instead of playing games or watching movies with me.

I can remember a lot of things, but you growing up is something I couldn't see coming from a mile away.

I noticed you were advancing in grade levels and you were becoming so, so smart; but I guess that wasn't enough to get it through my thick skull that you were growing up so fast.

Sometimes I wonder what on earth I was doing to not make me notice.

Maybe it was the school's fault for not letting me go home as often as I'd like, especially since I only get the chance to see you a few months out of the year now.

Despite that though, I don't think it's the school's fault, but rather time is the culprit here.

Where did the time go that I didn't realize you're my not-so-little brother anymore?

As much as I want to be angry at time though, I don't think that I can.

Given time, we all change, we all grow up and learn new things with our given lessons, it is an invisible understanding that we must all, unfortunately, go through.

Even with time giving us all the memories it did, that's something I'm starting to realize shouldn't be taken to heart.

Instead of realizing how fast you grew up, I should be thankful that you did, because, while our memories as children were wonderful, time has given us the opportunity to make bigger and better memories.

So, baby brother, stop growing up as quickly as you are, and enjoy what you can.

Enjoy your teenage years because pretty soon, time's going to throw out bigger and better challenges at you.