10 Questions To Ask On A First Date

10 Fun Questions To Help With That Awkward First Date

What weird thing did you believe as a kid and found out later that it wasn't true?

555
cups of coffee
CBS

First dates can be super awkward, depending on how well you know the person already. However, the "getting to know you" questions can get a little repetitive and make the date bland or boring.

So why not spice it up with some more unique questions that'll lead to potential longer conversations that really tell you about your date. Questions like these:

1. What movie/TV character have you always felt was based on your life?

And this'll lead to sharing all the shows that you've binged and the shows and movies you love! A great way to get to know someone's personality is through the shows and movies they like.

2. What’s your favorite holiday?

There is nothing wrong with "whats your favorite..." questions! They help you get to know the person a bit more, but if you're looking for unique "favorite" questions, try this one!

3. What would your talent be on America's Got Talent?

It might surprise you! You never know what hidden talents someone may have. It's also a good way to get some flattery in and ideas for future dates. Suggest "You'll have to show me that sometime" with a smile.

4. How do you like to celebrate your birthday?

Another question that could lead to other topics. You could ask if money wasn't a problem what would they ask for or how would they celebrate. People love to talk about themselves.

5. What is the thing you could watch/read over and over again?

No matter how many times I check out/buy a new book it usually sits unread because I return to the Harry Potter or Percy Jackson books.

Chances are, there's, if not a comfort book, but a comfort show that your date has watched/read a billion and one times.

6. What weird thing did you believe as a kid and found out later that it wasn’t true?

For me.. I believed the actors in my favorite movies and shows had to redo it every time I watched it, so I was watching it live. These are another way to have a good laugh.

7. If you were in the X-men, what would be your power?

Or just, what would your super power be. Ask them about what super power you think would be useless too! It's a good way to find out if they're into Marvel or DC if you're into that.

8. What did you want to be when you grew up as a kid?

Usually those kid dreams rarely become reality, but sometimes they do! Ask them how that turned out for them, even if they say they wanted to grow up to be a race car or their favorite animal or a mermaid. It's a good way to share a laugh.

9. Have you ever been to concert?

Instead of just asking, who's your favorite band or whats your favorite kind of music, this is an unique way of finding out. It also tells you how passionate they are about doing the things they love.

10. Do you like to travel?

Yet another great way to find out their passions. Ask them where they've been recently if the answer is yes. Or ask where their dream vacation is. There's lots of potential with this question

From Your Site Articles