As we enter college, we all hope (especially our parents) to leave our childhoods in the past and leave the 4 (ish) years as a better and more mature version of ourselves. We start our new journey all bright-eyed, bushy-tailed, and full of hopes and dreams of becoming our best selves. But no one tells us about the long, messy, and often embarrassing process it is to grow up. So grab your third RedBull of the day and throw on your favorite Nike shorts because here are 10 signs you've crossed to the dark side.
1. Your personal hygiene becomes questionable.Giphy
Dry shampoo and baby wipes become your new best friend.
2. Coffee runs through your veins.Giphy
Not blood, just a constant flow of iced white chocolate mocha with many shots of espresso.
3. You know ~all~ the student discounts.Giphy
Go get those discounts you and your bank account deserve, girl!
4. You rotate the same three outfits.Giphy
Nike shorts, XL t-shirts, and Converse high tops. Sound about right?
5. You become a master of ballin' on a budget.Giphy
"Hi sorry, before you run my card can you just give me like one minute so I can check my bank account?"
6. Your cooking skills are limited to microwaves and Uber Eats.Giphy
We can blame it on our lack of money, time, and skills.
7. Your newfound ability to nap anywhere at anytime.Giphy
It's a superpower, really.
8. Your only workouts consist of sprinting to class after you overslept your alarm once again.Giphy
Try doing it with a venti PSL in one hand and your Scantron in the other. No one can tell me that's not athletic.
9. You quickly become desperate for quick cash.Giphy
Your standards are somewhere in between selling plasma and gambling. Things turn into a gray area really quickly.
10. Your social interactions become revolved around Twitter and cheap beer.Giphy
After a long week full of adulting, grab your BFF's; a cheap beer, and relax.