Four Insane Avengers: Infinity War Theories

Infinity War’s four most valid theories.

Infinity War itself has already conjured well over four different amazing theories, but these are the most insane.

67
Infinity War

Marvel's latest film, Avengers: Infinity War, released just a couple weeks ago, and needless to say, fans are still not okay. The film contained several instances that broke superhero fan's hearts across the globe, leaving them with too many questions to count.

Warning: Spoilers Ahead.

Whenever a Marvel film is released, its natural for fans to discuss and make up some interesting theories of what actually occurred on screen. Infinity War itself has already conjured well over 5 different amazing theories, but here are the most insane five.

Everyone who disappeared at the end of the movie is not dead. They’re trapped inside the soul stone.

By looking at the lineup of movies for the next couple years- that which includes a second Spiderman and a third Guardians of the Galaxy, we know that the heros that broke apart at the end of Infinity War are certainly not gone for good. Some fans have theorized that every one that did not survive through Infinity War did not die, but were sucked into the soul stone itself. Inside the stone might be a completely different dimension where those who have been removed from the world might actually be currently.

Doctor Strange gave up the last stone because he knew it was part of the one way that the Avengers could win.

Doctor Strange revealed to Tony Stark that he had viewed over 14 million possible outcomes of the Infinity War, where only one ended in an Avenger victory. Later, he gives up the time stone, handing it over to Thanos to save Tony's life. Though this can be viewed as a sacrifice for friendship, some fans are theorizing that Doctor Strange knew that this was part of the one method that could save the world, that giving up the time stone and essentially losing would be the only way that the Avengers could win in the future.

Thanos is Dead

Though the ending scene of Infinity War shows Thanos relaxing and watching the sunrise, it is said that Thanos might be dead himself, locked away in some alternate heaven. If this were to be true, the Avengers would have to do a lot of work to find and save their friends that were ripped away from the universe.

The OG Avengers will trade their lives for those that have been lost.

Knowing that all of the original Avengers had been left behind, we have to assume that our original team will assemble one last time to fight against the powers of thanos. However, a central theme of "we don't trade lives" has been constant within those Marvel heroes'' movies. Ultimately, this makes it possible that the old Avengers might just trade a life for a life to get these new heros back. That is, by trading their own lives. This theory makes sense because most of the actors that have been part of the Avengers since the beginning- this includes Robert Downey Junior and Chris Evans- have contracts that end after the next Avengers movie. If the contracts are not renewed, this theory would hold a ton of validity.

Losing our favorite heroes is certainly a scary thought. Years have gone by where we've witnessed Captain America, Iron Man, Black Widow, The Hulk, etc. battle it out against forces of evil that are unfathomable to our own imaginations. After the shocking Infinity War ending, fans can only help that their heroes will make it out alive somehow.