An Open Letter To My Nephew

An Open Letter To My Nephew

You have some pretty amazing people in your life, did you know that?

822
An Open Letter To My Nephew
Lexi Crider

To My Oh So Very Special Little Man,

Your mom and dad have entrusted me with some serious responsibilities when it comes to your well-being and the strength of your faith. You might not understand this yet, but I'm here and in your life to make sure that you're being taken care of and feeling all the love that truly surrounds you.

You have some amazing people in your life, did you know that?

Let's start with your mom... My big sister. My second mom. My person. Your mom has done some pretty incredible things for me. She's always been one of my biggest supporters, and go-to person for any type of advice. She helped to take care of me, and in part, she helped to raise me (might not be the greatest example of her efforts... but still).

You might even owe me a little thank you because of her great motherly instincts because she had plenty of practice between me and your other aunty. She was always around to clean up our messes, including some very interesting (aka gross) incidents requiring cleaning up throw-up that smelt like a chocolate donut... You can ask her about that later. I can't take all the credit for her mother-like qualities, she did have an outstanding role model herself.

Ah, yes.. your grandma. Isn't she the best? Here's what you need to know about her. She loves you more than anything in this world. You are her angel, but she should also be yours. She's been here with you from the very beginning. She prayed to God asking for you, and when she got you, she never wanted to let go. Literally, she always took you from anyone who was holding you even your mom!

But, how could we blame her? Once we saw the way she looked at you, there was no denying grandma her grandson priority. However, you know just as well as I do that she's not your only grandparent...

Good 'ol grandpa's up next on my list (which has no specific order btw). Grandpa's here to help you with a lot. He'll be there to encourage you with any sport or activity you pick up, and be your go-to man for just about anything you need. You'll hear a lot of people say that your grandma spoiled you, which she did, BUT grandpa did it just as much and sometimes... I think he did it more. Grandpa is going to be one of the most solid rocks you'll ever be able to stand on, and he must've rubbed off on your other aunty.

She might be crazy, but your aunty will always be able to make you laugh till your stomach hurts and you're crying whenever you need it. She has some ridiculous voices and dance moves, but don't let her silly exterior fool you. She is one bad-ass (shh, don't tell your mom I used that term) warrior. She's been through a lot, but she always comes out on top because she's one of the strongest women I have ever met, and she'll teach you how to be that way too.

No matter what you're going through, she has your back... And she might teach you a word or two that you don't want to use in front of your mom or grandma, so be careful with that!

These people are always going to be around for you, no matter where life takes you. The love that floats around in this family is infinite, and it's never going to end (even if you do something incredibly stupid). You are saving grace in this family, and I hope you know that. We've all been waiting for you for so long, and you have beat any of the expectations we could have ever had.

You have been incredibly made, and I hope you always able to recognize the love that surrounds you. And if you ever forget, just take a look at their faces as they look at you, and you'll feel it. I know I do.

I love you, My Oh So Very Special Man.