special bond between aunt and nephew

having a nephew is the most rewarding thing a girl could ask for

The bond between a nephew and an aunt is unbreakable

1470
Madison Metzger

I have a special bond with my parents, sisters, boyfriend, and friends, but my bond with my nephew is like none other. My nephew will only be one year old in a month and he has already made the biggest difference in my life. I fell in love with him before I ever met him, and when the first day I did meet him in the hospital was the best day of my life because I became an aunt. I never believed in love at first sight until I met my nephew, I never thought that you could meet someone once and automatically be so obsessed with someone. I loved him when he was still in my sister's belly, but when I saw him in person everything changed. I became a protective crazy aunt who isn't going to let anything or anyone ever hurt him. Being an aunt is the most important and rewarding privilege I have ever gotten to experience in my life.

The day I found out my sister was pregnant was the greatest present I could ever receive and there will never be enough words to express how much I love that little man. This little tiny person has only been around for a short time and he is already my world and has taught me so much, I know it seems impossible, but he taught what it was like to love and he makes me want to be a better person. The things that seem small to others, are big things to me; when I come from college and he sees me for the first time in a month and his face lights up is easily the best thing ever for me. I get to see him grow up, he has his own quirky attitude that I love watching him develop. If I am ever in a bad mood, when I see him smile or laugh it immediately puts in a good mood no matter what. I love being able to watch him learn stuff like crawl for the first time, figuring out how to walk, laugh, and make a mess everywhere he goes. He is young and innocent and I know that he will never judge me for being weird or if I fail, he embraces it with me. He laughs at me when in reality I'm really not that funny, he gives the best hugs and the best kisses. I get to be the cool aunt who takes him out of school early to hang out and when its time to change a diaper or if he gets fussy, I can just hand him over to mom and dad! It's a win-win for me.

Some people may not realize what its like to be an aunt from the outside, but, it's the most amazing and rewarding thing ever being an aunt to the most perfect human ever. Being an aunt to my nephew has changed my life in more ways than one, and they have been the best charges of my life. He has brought love and joy to my life that I never realized I was missing until he came along and I will forever be grateful for that.

I look forward to the days where I get to see him grow up and accomplish things live his best life ever, and I especially can't wait to be able to watch him while he's doing it with all my love and support. I can't wait for more nieces and nephews to come along the way that I can kiss and love to death.

I am so thankful for my amazing nephew that has made my life a million times better.