Poems By Atticus That Will Make You Fall In Love

5 Poems Written By Atticus That Make My Black Heart Melt Like A Popsicle In This NC Heat

Trust me, you'll fall in love with Atticus about as fast as I did.

194
Laken Pritchard

Every once in a while, my mom will send me quotes off of Pinterest to either lift my spirits or to "drop a truth bomb" on me. What we both began to notice was that all of the quotes or poems she sent me came from the same writer: Atticus.

I don't know too much about this Atticus, given he wears a mask to all of his public readings--never showing his face. However, I can tell you that I am absolutely in love with his words (and him as a whole, honestly). His poetry has proven to be more than just words on a page; they give me goosebumps, cause me to audibly gasp, my heart to swell, and sometimes I just might let a tear escape.

For my 20th birthday, my parents gifted me nearly an entire library full of books! F. Scott Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Jane Austen, and Roald Dahl were all included in this vast collection. But, there was one book in particular that I didn't ask for and it caught my eye straight away: "The Dark Between Stars: Poems by Atticus." It may have been nearly 250 pages, I read the entire book in only two days.

There are five specific poems that made great impressions on me, causing my black heart to melt instantaneously. I'm sure they'll leave you speechless and in love just as I was!

*Disclaimer: These are not the titles of the poems, for the author did not intend for them to have one. The titles that I have given to each poem are how I refer to them.*

1. "Safer Place"

Laken Pritchard

If this doesn't transport your mind to a little café in Paris, feeling the breeze as you sip rosé and not having a worry in the world, I simply don't know what will.

2. "A Bridge In June"

Laken Pritchard

Are you in love, yet?

3. "Drunk On Love"

Laken Pritchard

Such a simple sentence that holds so many meanings and so many feelings.

4. "No Excuses"

Laken Pritchard

You've got to be in love now, right?

5. "Leaving Behind The World"

Laken Pritchard

If you know me, you know just how perfect this poem is. Finding tucked away bookshops, running down cobbled streets; they are the little escapes from this hectic reality we live in.

On September 10, Atticus will be releasing his newest collection of poems in a book titled: "The Truth About Magic." The famous author has also released "Lost Poet Wine," each bottle with a label containing new poetry. Without a doubt, for my 21st birthday that wine will be in my hands.

In Atticus' book, "The Dark Between Stars," there are hundreds of poems. Some are like the five above, others make you feel empowered, and others make you want to curl up in bed with a tub of ice-cream. For whatever mood you might be in, I can guarantee Atticus has a poem for you.