Athleisure Is Taking Over Street Style, And I'm Kinda Here For It

Athletic Inspired Street Style - where comfort meets fashion

39

Sure, everyone has their lazy days. Whether you overslept or just woke up feeling subpar it's okay to want a cozy, low effort outfit for the day. But there is a certain stigma around lazy days that dressing comfortably means looking sloppy. That is never actually the case.

Athleisure is an arising trend that seems to have this exact phenomenon completely figured out. This athletic-inspired street style clothing that allows complete comfort but also ensures a sleek appearance. Don't sacrifice comfort for good looks - here is a collection tips and looks to have you looking and feeling your best next time you need a day to relax.

1. Biker shorts and oversized hoodie.

Biker Shorts and Oversized Hoodie

It doesn't get much simpler (or more comfortable) than a pair of biker shorts and an oversized sweatshirt. While maintaining your goal of comfort, you can also pair this look with a few simple accessories such as a sling purse, sunglasses, or chunky jewelry and a low bun to achieve a sleek and stylish look.

2. The matching set.

One of the easiest lazy day outfits to invest in is a matching set. This outfit can be thrown on to run to the gym, and then topped off with a jean jacket and sunglasses to instantly be transformed in to an outfit to run errands or meet friends for brunch in.

3. Trench coat and tennis.

A personal favorite on a cool fall or winter day- top off a basic leggings and tee look with a trench coat to add an element of interest. You can easily wear this with your tennis or walking shoes and loose waves or a cap.

4. Colorful track pants.

Colorful track pants and a coordinating top, whether that be a cropped hoodie, tee, or even cami depending on the whether is an easy and comfy outfit to lounge around in. Paired with your favorite pair of sneakers, bag, and delicate jewelry.

5. Sweats and a cardigan

Perfect for traveling especially since airplanes can get chilly. Pair your favorite pair of joggers with a crop top and cardigan.

6. Grey on grey but make it purposeful.

I hate to tell you to wear grey on grey, but in some cases it can really work especially for purposeful lazy days. If you are dressing comfy sometimes its better not to try to hide that fact but to embrace it instead, in this case by layering up with your favorite neutral shade (it doesn't have to be grey).