10 Asian YouTubers You Should Watch

10 Asian YouTubers You Should Watch

It's not just nigahiga.

9567
10 Asian YouTubers You Should Watch
BuzzFeed

I watch a lot of YouTube videos and these are just a few of the Youtubers I watch who are also Asian. While in most entertainment, Asian representation can be limited, YouTube has more diversity in its content creators.

1. Natalie Tran

Natalie Tran or communitychannel on YouTube is an Australian/Vietnamese Youtuber who has been on YouTube since 2006. She posts comedic skits that she acts out, and her content is very unique and strange at times. One can relate to her content but also be very confused at the same time. Additionally, she discusses more crucial topics, such as Asian-American representation in the media.

2. Karen Yeung

Karen Yeung, or IAMKARENO on YouTube is a fashion, beauty and lifestyle blogger who was born in Hong Kong. She has been on YouTube since 2008. She posts content regarding her fashion and beauty interests. Her fashion sense is very unique and creative. Her videos are all very aesthetically pleasing and clean cut, making them interesting to both viewers and/or fashion enthusiasts.

3. Anna Akana

Anna Akana is an Asian-American comedian, filmmaker, actress and producer on YouTube. She has been on YouTube since 2011. She posts primarily comic videos and has also created short films. One of my favorite short films on YouTube of her's is "Riley Rewind." Akana also discusses important issues such as mental health and her family life in her videos.

4. Lindy Tsang

Lindy Tsang, or Bubzbeauty, is an Asian-American makeup guru and has been on YouTube since 2007. Her videos are mainly makeup tricks, however, she also has a vlog channel called Bubzvlogz where she posts content regarding her life as a mother and wife. Her videos are genuine and sweet.

5. Kaya Empire

Kaya Empire is an Indian-American Youtuber who has been on YouTube since 2015. Her videos are primarily about makeup, however, she also discusses life as a chemical engineering major. Her videos are especially helpful because in the makeup community on YouTube, videos are usually run by white women, making it difficult to find a makeup guru who is not white.

6. JusReign

JusReign is an Youtuber who is also on Vine. He has been on YouTube since 2009. His videos are amusing and aimed to relate to South Asian individuals. He also addresses certain important issues, such as when he was forced to remove his turban at an airport.

7. Marina Watanabe

Marina Watanabe or marinashutup is an Asian-American Youtuber who largely discusses feminism, mental illness and social issues in her videos in a sarcastic, yet educational manner. She kind of reminds me of April from "Parks and Recreation." Her videos are very interesting and educational.

8. Wong Fu Productions

Wong Fu Productions is an independent production company run by Asian-Americans that produces short films, sketches, vlogs and they've done a movie. Their videos aim to be engaging, humorous and relatable. Additionally, they have been trying to represent more Asian-Americans in entertainment.

9. IISuperwomanII

Lilly Singh, a Youtuber since 2010, posts mainly relatable content. Her content is humorous and she is very down to earth. She has accomplished a lot and it shows. She has even met her idol, The Rock.

10. Domics

Dom, or Domics, a Youtuber since 2012, posts funny animations that also discuss his love life and his general life. His animations are very relatable and tell a story in a concise, creative manner. Some of his animations are also just plain strange, but I still enjoy them.