17 Artists Transforming Black Culture Through Afroswing Music With A Bang!

In the UK during the mid-2010s, a new genre of music called Afroswing came in roaring. Afroswing is a unique form of hip hop splashed with tropical elements from the Caribbean's signature dancehall and reggae. It is also called Afrobashment, Afrobbean, or Afro-trap. The Afroswing artist community is so authentic, to say the least. We are looking at artists with multiple backgrounds coming together to embrace the melodic sounds of African descent. You can expect Jamaican, Creole, Lingala, and pidgin sing-a-ton scripture carrying the essence of Black Culture.

Thanks to the UK, we can experience a modernized version of the folklore about how Black culture is infinitely expanding throughout the years. Afroswing is setting its musical roots and it's only the beginning. This is extremely evident because as these artists come out with new music they are presenting new energies that incorporate the feeling of higher frequencies leaving the music industry asking for more hits. Especially during the summer, everyone is waiting for Afroswing artists to drop their summer singles or hopefully an entire exotic summer album.

" The essence of Black British music is the merging and blending of sounds across class, heritage and culture." - Author Yomi Adegoke

Tunde Ogundipe, the global lead of African Music & Culture at Spotify, has been working hard marketing the genre of Afroswing. His biggest concerns are that the creators need to emphasize the history of African music within their careers in order to really stand out and make a difference in the music industry. This new upcoming UK genre is at the cusp of unfolding worldwide as it already encapsulates sounds from so many countries. I can't wait for Afroswing to blow up the charts. It's already happening!

Ebenezer

SPOTIFY

Tion Wayne

SPOTIFY