The Artist About To Take The World By Storm

136
http://www.filippagowski.com/

As a student and a lover of the arts, fewer things bother me more than seeing someones work everywhere and the general public having no idea who created it, though they are interacting with it on a regular basis.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Comme Des Garcons dropped their "PLAY" collection, though the brand has been on the cutting edge of fashion for years the "PLAY" collection featuring the heart above has become a staple in the fashion world. The collection was so popular that Comme Des Garcons even collaborated with Converse to put the heart on their shoes. What is crazy about this isn't the collection, but the man behind iconic heart.

Filip Pagowski was born in Poland and eventually moved to New York City to pursue a career in graphic design after attending the Warsaw Academy of Fine Arts. Along with Comme Des Garcons he has had other major clients such as The New York Times, Saks 5th Avenue and Diane Von Furstenberg just to name a few. It is insane that though most people have seen his work at one point in their life, they don't know his name (not to mention the fact that he doesn't even have a Wikipedia page and you can hardly find a photograph of the artist himself).

But it seems like Pagowski's time in the sun may finally be on it's way. Filip was commissioned to design the cover for Drake's latest single from his fourth coming album, "Views From The 6" dropping this April, "Summer Sixteen," in which he says that his swimming pool is bigger than Kanye's (not true, Kanye has 3 pools) but that's besides the point. Once the single dropped people began to draw connections of the similarities of the cover art to that of things like the Comme Des Garcons collection and Filip began creating some much deserved buzz.

A few days after the release of the single, we got something else. Drake loves dropping hints across the 6 aka his hometown of Toronto about when the album is going to be released and it looks like Filip had something to do with the latest one. Over night in Toronto appeared a billboard saying only "VIEWS" and it has Pagowski written all over it. This doesn't come as a huge surprise as Drake has been a fan of Filip and the "PLAY" collection for quite some time now but the publicity he's given him by shouting him out for the cover art on Instagram has certainly helped Filip become more of a household name in the art world.

The official cover art for "Views From The Six" is yet to be released but we can only hope that the pattern will continue and it will be done by Pagowski.