An Article To Lift Your Weekday Blues

An Article To Lift Your Weekday Blues

When TGIF is just too far away.

58
An Article To Lift Your Weekday Blues
Wikimedia

We've all been there. It's a day that drags on. The office is incredibly dull, your classes have never seemed less interesting and the only thing getting you through the day is the chanting in your head.

TGIF. TGIF. T G I F.

And then you realize that it's Tuesday.

Thus begins your rapid decline into despair. Even coffee can't save you (especially if you find the taste of the beverage of the bean revolting, as I do). Worry not! I am here to rescue you! If you aren't feeling any sort of pleasant feelings by the end of this article, you can hold me personally responsible.

(Please don't, I like to see people happy and I am very sensitive and will take it very personally of you aren't happy. Also, I am a small young adult who has very little to offer monetarily or in the form of heavy lifting, so there's no way either of us will walk out of this incident any more pleased than before.)

Where was I?

Oh yes. The list.

1) The baby getting her nails trimmed.

This video has made it's rounds across the web, but never once has it failed to make me smile. The clip features a father cutting his daughter's nails. Every time he goes in, she screams and then begins to laugh uncontrollably. In short, it's adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzwQg6MWj-4

2) Tunes

Whether it's listening to one of your own playlists, or one set by Spotify, music rarely fails to lift the spirit. I highly recommend the "Have a Great Day!" playlist.

3) Basically any Anna Kendrick tweet ever

Anna Kendrick is one of the greatest, most relatable comedians of our time, and nothing you say will convince me otherwise.

4) React to everything that happens to you as if you are Jim from The Office

Ah, my personal favorite. Pick something, someone, some wall, or some potted plant. This is now the camera. Every time something remotely rude, annoying, dramatic, or the least bit weird happens, fix the ficus with a good ole Jim Halpert look. 10/10 would recommend. (In case you didn't notice, I just did).

5) Play with a puppy

I'm pretty sure it's like scientifically proven that puppies = happiness. If it is not, someone should get on that. If you are more of a cat person, then I guess you could substitute, although I've personally never met a feline that gives me the same wow factor as a Basset Hound puppy tripping over it's own ears. If you don't like animals...I hope one of the other tips work for you.

(Also, you're in my prayers.)

6) A small treat

It may not be Friday, but that doesn't mean you can't splurge a little. Pick up a movie from Redbox, or Treat Yo Self to a soak in the tub. On a completely unrelated note, you can get a kid's size serving of IceDream for under a dollar at Chick-Fil-A. Just sayin'.

7) Prove me wrong

If all of these tips fail and you've been nothing but miserable whilst trying all of them out, my only hope is that you find some sort of sick pleasure in proving me wrong. Truthfully I don't care exactly how we get there, as long as there's a ray of sunshine somewhere deep in your cardiac organ.

I hope everyone has a great day. The weekend is coming.

Okay, I really am done now.

Did you smile though?