6 Places to Check Out on Arthur Avenue

6 Places to Check Out on Arthur Avenue

The Real "Little Italy."

432
6 Places to Check Out on Arthur Avenue
NYC GO

When many think of Little Italy, they think of the Little Italy located on Mulberry Street in Manhattan. Yet Manhattan’s Little Italy isn’t the only one in the five boroughs. Arthur Avenue, located in the Belmont section of the Bronx, is its competition. The lesser known Little Italy in the Bronx has many delis, meat and fish markets, and fresh pasta shops. Here are six places to check out on Arthur Avenue:

1. Mike’s Deli

Located in the indoor market place on Arthur Avenue, Mike’s Deli offers various cheeses, cold cuts, sandwiches, olive oils, olives, and other Italian delicacies. Their eggplant parmigiana was even featured on Bobby Flay’s Throwdown!

Located at: 2344 Arthur Avenue Bronx, NY http://www.arthuravenue.com/

2. Teitel Brothers

Like Mike’s Deli, Teitel Brothers is also a classic Italian deli which has parmigiana cheese, prosciutto, imported olive oils, canned tomatoes, aged vinegar, and dried and fresh sausage, just to name a few. They have been in business for over 100 years and have some of the best sausage and cheeses you can find.

Located at: 2372 Arthur Ave Bronx, NY http://www.teitelbros.com/

3. Casa Della Mozzarella

Just like Mike’s Deli and Teitel Brothers, Casa Della Mozzarella is another classic Italian deli. Its name translates literally to “House of the Mozzarella” and if you could guess by the name, is known for its fresh mozzarella cheese. However, Casa Della Mozzarella also has other types of cheese, various deli meats, and other Italian specialties.

Located at: 604 E 187th St, Bronx, NY

4. Borgatti’s Ravioli and Egg Noodles

In business since 1935, Borgatti’s offers a variety of fresh pasta. These include classics like ricotta ravioli, manicotti, and various types of pasta to new favorites like pumpkin ravioli, carrot pasta, and whole wheat spinach pasta. All of the options are fantastic, but be sure to try the classic ricotta ravioli!

632 E. 187th Street Bronx, NY http://www.borgattis.com

5. Madonia Brothers Bakery

Known for their large, round loaves of crispy on the outside and soft on the inside bread, Madonia bakery has been in business since 1918. They also have various Italian butter cookies, biscotti, and taralli. You can even enjoy a fresh-filled cannoli while you wait for your order!

Located at 2348 Arthur Avenue Bronx, NY

6. Tino’s Delicatessen

Tino’s is great for take out, sandwiches, pasta dishes, and even pizza. They have various sandwich combinations or you can create your own. Tino’s even serves a variety of gelato flavors.

Located at 2410 Arthur Avenue Bronx, NY http://www.tinosdeli.com/