The Meaning Behind Ariana Grande's 'thank u next'

'thank u, next' Is A True Story Of Empowerment, Resilience And Maturity

It's about Ariana Grande, not Ariana Grande's love interests. Love, patience, and pain are all learned lessons.

74

Even after ages, the Sun has never said to the Earth that "you owe me." Such love lights the sky every day. As Melody Bettie said, "Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." Ariana Grande's new song "thank u, next" is a perfect example of today's youth to look up to for many reasons.

Ariana Grande - thank u, next YouTube

It's inspired by the lessons she has learned from her past relationships. Prior to its release, Grande tweeted that her music would be the start of a "new chapter," characterized by "gratitude, growth, embracing our path bumps n all." It's clear to see that Ariana is not insulting or exposing her exes by putting their names in this song, but she is honestly thanking her exes for their contributions into her life. In fact, this track found immediate resonance compare to others.

TBH, I loved this song because it has very different vibes than a typical breakup song. It has upbeat music which keeps a listener engaged to the song. Usually, most celebs either blame their exes for breakup in the worst way they can be or don't say anything to avoid being on the headlines for months and as a result, multiple conspiracy theories become a reality. In the age of hashtags and snaps, you can't ever really break up with someone. Indeed, even after the words have been said and the relationship status has been discreetly changed. Ariana seems to propose that if this throb will be out there on the web nevertheless, why not reveal it for people to see and hear? In fact, it has given listeners an anthem about moving forward when social media frequently makes it difficult to do as such. Ariana gracefully expressed her feelings about her latest breakup and her future plan: "No drags... no shade... just love, gratitude, acceptance, honesty, forgiveness... and growth."

Instead of creating any drama, Ariana immediately jumps into the song by referencing four of her previous exes: Big Sean, Ricky Alvarez, Mac Miller, and Davidson. This all may peruse as sarcasm, setting up a dishy elaboration on the names referenced in the first verse. However, it's about Ariana Grande, not Ariana Grande's love interests. Love, patience, and pain are all learned lessons. In the pre-chorale, Ariana begins referencing individual, emotional lessons she learned from the previously mentioned relationships. She at that point proceeds to call attention to how these encounters have made her a better person. She further enlightens that in spite of the reality none of these sentiments were at last enduring, she doesn't see them as disappointments because of the significant confidence and knowledge she gained as a result. Ariana further reveals that new love in her life is actually herself. As alluded to in the pre-chorus, her unsuccessful past relationships have empowered her.

One of the most beautiful things about this song I liked is that she talks about not giving up after multiple back to back breakups. The bridge, "only wanna do it once," distinctively features Ariana's dream and in reality desire to one day get married and appreciate a relationship that unlike the others will "last." She additionally expresses that she means to get married just once. Ariana's way to express her feelings about her previous relationships and exes was fantastic because when showing gratitude toward something or someone where you can also be angry and mad, it makes other people realize how much you cared about them, and still, you do. Indeed, this is the most potent and effective way.