Grande's Heartbreak Over Mac Miller

Almost everyone knows of the relationship that occurred between pop star Ariana Grande and late rapper Mac Miller. The two celebrities started their relationship after the release of Grande's hit single off of her first album called "The Way" that featured Miller. Since then, the two had a somewhat on and off relationship until this past year when Grande began dating "Saturday Night Live" star Pete Davidson. This past fall, Miller tragically passed away due to an overdose, and brought sorrow to not only his beloved fans, but Grande as well.

On June 12th, Grande performed at the PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, PA as part of her "sweetener" tour. Before and during the concert, Grande was met with some overwhelming emotions that were hard to control. Pittsburgh is the hometown of Mac Miller, and this was the first time Grande had been back since his death. To honor him, Ariana Grande reserved a seat for him in the crowd, and had his songs playing on a playlist prior to the show. Once the show began, it was still hard for her to perform. During her first song of the night, "raindrops (an angel cried)," she could barely sing without getting choked up on tears. She was crying over her angel while trying to sing about her angel.

The emotions didn't quite stop there though. Grande performed her show beautifully and remained strong until the closing song. Her final song of the night was her smash hit "thank u, next" where she mentions 4 of her ex-boyfriends: Big Sean, Ricky Alvarez, Pete Davidson, and Mac Miller. Grande was feeling extreme emotions before the song started, and when she said the famous line "Wish I could say thank you to Malcolm, 'cause he was an angel," the entire arena cheered for her while she was barely able to get the lyrics out.

Seeing this all happen in person was heartbreaking. Every person in the room's heart went out to Ariana Grande that night, and we all sympathized with pain. Just because someone is famous doesn't mean they don't go through the same type of heartbreak as any regular person. It opened eyes to the public that it's okay to sympathize with all celebrities.