Ariana Grande Is STILL Copying Mariah Carey

An on-going documentation of Mariah Carey's inspiration.

3924

On the coattails of Ariana Grande’s newest studio effort, ‘Dangerous Woman,’ we must take a look at the reason why some people are not hopping on Miss Grande’s bandwagon. It turns out that this "dangerous woman" may not be as dangerous as we thought. Or as original as we thought.

Here, we have a picture of Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande. One of them is a living legend, with 18 Billboard Hot 100 #1 Singles (more than any other solo artist). The other has 0 #1 hits. It only makes sense for an upcoming singer to want to achieve the same success as the Best-Selling Female Artist. However, Ariana Grande draws so much inspiration from her idol, Mariah Carey, that she is imitating some of her legendary moves.

First of all, let us discuss their fashion statements:

Ariana Grande is well-known for her signature ponytail. However, who slayed this 'doo first?!

Okay... coincidence, right?

How about this sleek black ensemble?

Okay, this is just all a fluke. There is no copying going on here, keep on moving, Folks!

OKAY, C'MON! This is not even the same dress. But it is eerily similar.

How about this iconic MC look from 1995's "Fantasy" music video?

Maybe everyone has those shorts? I can't say....

I mean.... This is just a similarity. There is nothing unusual about this.

Ah-ha! Ariana Grande is a trendsetter! I mean look at that nifty fan. I am so glad she did something fir-

I stand corrected.

OK. I know what you are all thinking. Yes, these just all happen to be the same outfits (and props). However, this is not the only thing that Ariana Grande draws from Mariah Carey's prowess. Was Ariana channeling Mariah from her sexy 1999 Rainbow album when she wore this outfit?

We'll never know...

Maybe Ariana just happened to stumble upon the same outfit. Or maybe she stumbled upon this through her research.

Now how does Mariah Carey feel about all of these comparisons?

Clearly, Mariah is not impressed by her...

Still think Ariana is an original artist? Hear me out. Yes, just because she has a wide vocal range, does not mean that she is trying to sound like Mariah Carey. And yes, just because she is making music in the same genre as Mariah does not mean she is copying her. HOWEVER, let us now take a look at some very uncanny similarities between their song titles, artwork, music video concepts, and choreography!

SAME LEG POSITIONING

"My Everything" & "My All"

ARIANA COPYING MARIAH'S BUTTERFLY OBSESSION

Mariah Carey's "Honey" & Ariana Grande's "Break Free." SAME CONCEPT AND THEME.

SAME ALBUM ARTWORK FOR THEIR SOPHOMORE ALBUMS.

EXPLAIN THIS.

Alright, Folks. It is now up to you to decide. Imitation? or Inspiration?