Are You An Expert On Events or Trends Happening In The World Today?

Who Are The Experts?

6
Paulemmanuel Goff

There are people who have sincere intentions when they say, “I can only imagine.” How can one understand on how to interpret what someone else has been through? Perhaps this might come out a little negative, but to imagine someone else’s life is rather unrealistic. What happened in the other person’s life is personal and chances of it becoming real in another’s life would be like winning the lotto. However, when something happens that is worth being reported on social media and the news everyone is an expert on what happened and has something to say about it.

Wow, really, were you even there?

Nah, but when I was watching the news I could imagine it was horrible, awesome, or I would have done this rather than that.

Yet really who has the time to run scenarios through their heads and but themselves in a state of panic as if the world is about to end. Because, it is so damn possible that what happened to someone else happened to them. The one thing that is fascinating is the one where there is a situation that was never completely directed to the person making the comparison that makes them the expert.

News clip / Social Media Post: Service Members fighting for better equipment at VA hospitals to test for (TBI) Traumatic Brain Injuries after being exposed to concussions from IED’s, indirect rocket attacks and other explosive hazards while being deployed.

Mr./Mrs. Expert: Well one time my cousin was playing with fireworks and he said it was so close to him that he felt the shock wave that now he has a traumatic brain injury and should receive benefits.

However, unfortunately it has become part of human nature to speak about things that has never influenced or effected ourselves directly. In a way it's no longer what information is correct that we get to share and pass on, rather what is the topic and how we can make it seem more interesting and get others to believe we are speaking the truth. Some get very creative by taking a bit of truth and a sliver of it almost happened to me and create scenarios so real that many people are over whelmed and wanting more.

Story time: So there was this girl who caught the attention of this boy at a bar last weekend and they hooked up and several months later she claims she is pregnant. It is not possible thought that it is the guy’s baby because the reason she was at the bar that night was she just broke up with her boyfriend and since then was talking with other guys as well. So whose baby is it?

Just looking at it there is so much speculation depending which angle you want to look at it. The truth is we are all by standards and there is not enough information to answer correctly. The opinions can take the story and formulate a conclusion but would that make it anymore true? So there is now a post on the social media that has gotten commenters on rampage calling each other names and claiming that they know more a than the other and so on and so forth.

Guess what, when arguing with an idiot there are now two idiots arguing and when the random person sees and instead of trying to break it up -- wants to add something into the argument. Now there are three idiots. Sucks that we have been pulled into such drama. Some are well off by deleting their social media accounts so that they don’t get dragged into such nonsense. Yet they find themselves arguing in other places with a friend, family members, random stranger. The cycle never ends. Even experts get it wrong but no one likes being wrong ask the people who tell the news they are human right and so are we. For once let us try to be experts on our own life rather than what happened to someone else.