6 Things That Give Any Worked Up College Kid The April Scaries

Talk about a sucker-punch by the fists of April.

982
Youtube

Spring has sprung and the month of April is here. While I love the month of April because it means summer is close, I also hate the month of April because that means summer is close and I have to start figuring out my life.

April is sort of like Sunday. The weekend was great and you made some good memories but now it’s Sunday and you realize you haven’t done anything productive and you only have the rest of the evening to scramble. It’s called the Sunday Scaries and the month of April is giving me those vibes. Here’s a list of things that make April frightening.

1. School is almost out

April is around the corner which means May is, too. Most colleges get out around May and if you’re a freshman like me then it feels a lot sooner than your typical June get-out you were so used to in high school. I feel like I just moved into my dorm room and now I only have a few weeks left. Talk about a sucker-punch by the fists of April.

2. I need to get a job

Ok, who decided spring was five minutes long? Whose brilliant idea was it to give you four months to get a job; which, I might add, is really two months because you don’t stress about getting a summer job until it’s too late. It’s not like I need some phenomenal career over the summer. I mean, anything will suffice at this point.

3. My “bikini bod” is still in winter mode

What the hell, April! Are you telling me I only have one month to get buns of steal before school let’s out? I should have been cut off from ordering pizza like two months ago. A few weeks is not enough time to look like Adriana Lima before you go back home and face all of your high school friends. Screw you, April.

4. Final exams are haunting me

You know how in a scary movie you hear the creepy music and you know something bad is going to happen? April is the creepy music and final exams are Freddy Krueger. Basically, there is only a month left before you have to cram and review the whole semester in one week because God knows you didn’t do jack squat the last few months.

5. I am a fourth already done with a fourth of college

How can my first year of college already be done when I moved in yesterday? Oh, right. I moved in about eight months ago…

6. I have no idea what I’m doing with my life

This is the recurring meltdown I have every spring. I am so busy with school, my social life, and remembering to do laundry that when everything winds down and the weather warms up I begin to stress about the looming question: what are you going to do with your life?

If your parents haven’t asked you then chances are they will or you’re already asking yourself. I know there’s still time but April is just a reminder that we’re all one step closer to having to answer that question. April showers bring me nightmares.