Appreciate What You Have Before it Becomes What You Had!

That moment when everything becomes clear.

1662
Reasons why they kidnap in Nigeria

Rebecca's Point of View:

We don't know where we're going, because they blindfolded us to ensure that we don't know the location so we can't call for help. For the whole ride I held his hand to comfort him in his time of need. I kept telling him that we were going to get through this and everything was going to be okay. But, I honestly had no idea, of what was going to happen to us. I don't know how his wound is holding up because I can't see. I have a feeling that he's not going to make it. When I thought of that, for some reason I started to cry. A few moments later, Mr. Brooks moved closer to me and embraced me. We stayed like that for the rest of the ride.

I knew we got there when the van stopped and when Mr. Brooks let go of me. The back doors opened and some of the gang members pulled us out and lead us somewhere. For what felt like hours of walking, we finally reach the destination. They push us into a room, push us down onto the floor, tie or hands and feet together, and remove our blindfolds. The gang leader says, "This is where you'll stay until I figure out what I want to do with you two." Then all of them leave and slams the door behind them.

As I look towards Mr. Brooks, I notice he's on the other side of the room. I see that his tourniquet has bled through, and it's only a matter of time until he bleeds out without any medical attention. I need to know why he took the bullet for me even though I rejected him. So I ask, "Mr. Brooks, why did you take the bullet for me?"

"Because I didn't want to see you get hurt."

"But what about all those times I denied you?"

"That doesn't matter. I'd take a bullet for you any day." It looks like Mr. Brooks is about to say something, but I cut him off by saying, "Going through all of this, I finally realized that I loved you from the beginning. I just didn't want to get hurt and it seemed like you and Clair were involved. I didn't want to get between you too, so I tried to ignore the feelings I had for you. I didn't want to lead you on, but this experience made me realize that it doesn't matter."

"I never thought I would hear those words from you. There was never anything going on between Clair and I. She has deep for me, but I don't have them for her. The only one in my life that I love is you. And I don't know what I would do without you in my life. Since the day you started working, I knew you were the one for me. But when Liam came into the picture and you chose him over me, I was heartbroken. I didn't know what he had that I didn't. But I knew I had to make sure I distanced my self because your happiness is the only thing that I wanted, and still want."

Mr. Brooks Point of View:

I can't believe that she said she loves me. I would feel very happy if I wasn't about to die. I really want to kiss her, but we're a little tied up at the moment. She's everything to me and I don't know what I would do if I were to ever loose her, that's why I had to take the bullet. She's my everything, and I love her and always will. All of a sudden, I hear arguing outside and they say, "We have to clean his wound, because we were ordered not to shoot him."

"But Justin, but they know about us, so we can't let either of them live."

"We were ordered to keep him alive, so you're going to help me clean his wounds!" After that is said, both gang members enter the room. The leader also known as Justin, says, "We need to keep you alive, so we're going to change your bandages. As for her, we're going to keep her alive, until we figure out what to do."

Justin's Point of View:

This has just turned into a mess. The one that we wanted to keep alive is dying, and the one we wanted to kill is perfectly fine! I can't believe I signed up for this, I better get paid a lot for this. I need to figure out a way to dispose of her but also to make sure no one finds out. If we want to get paid that's what needs to happen but I'm not sure if that's my main worry anymore.