Appreciate The Time Spent With Family This Thanksgiving

I might be a little biased, but Thanksgiving is such a good excuse to count your blessings and live in the moment.

41
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Thanksgiving_table_-_2.jpg

Not everyone gets to spend time with their family on Thanksgiving. Some people are working nonstop because there are now bigger sales on the night before Black Friday (sometimes even during the day). Others are across the country on a business trip far away from their family. Many of us forget how lucky we are to be spending even just a small amount of time with our family.

It is hard for some college students to go home during Thanksgiving break. There are a lot of people that go to out of state schools and can't afford to go home during this short break. The same thing applies to international students who end up celebrating Thanksgiving in their college dorms.

I am very lucky that I get to go back to my hometown and enjoy some time with my family. Being away from college has shown me that time doesn't stop for anyone. My siblings, parents, and other relatives are growing up just as fast as I am. Sometimes it is hard to believe that they are living a separate life from me while I am away.

Thanksgiving is a time where families come together and enjoy each other's favorite dishes. It is a great time to catch up with one another and learn about the amazing things we are all doing.

You don't have to be religious to say a little something before Thanksgiving dinner. You can simply just tell everyone at the dinner table how thankful you are for their presence and the great food you are about to eat. Trust me, this will go a long way and will make them feel loved and cared about.

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it isn't all about giving gifts to one another. In a sense, it is because you might be bringing food or celebrating someone's birthday, but it simply is about being thankful. For some people, it is one of the days of the year they can sit back and relax.

As you are enjoying your Thanksgiving with family or friends, remember that there are people who don't get to do this. It is important to give back to the community and one way you can do this is by volunteering. Make it a goal for the next month to do some sort of community service. Even donating blankets could mean the world to someone.

I love the fact that the holiday season brings everyone together and everyone seems to be in the best mood. If only we could stay this way throughout the entire year. This Thanksgiving, think about how you can reach out to your family or relatives even more than you do now. We should ALWAYS be thankful for the blessings in our lives.

Happy Thanksgiving and eat lots of your favorite dishes!