5 Things To Know For Applications And Deadlines

Applications, deadlines, and procrastination
46

Ending my sophomore year of college, I discovered a few things about applications and deadlines: Don't mess with them and get them in on time.

No one ever realizes how quickly deadlines creep up on you, and now you're rushing to get them in. Every single time this happens. Procrastination somehow always gets the best of us. Whether it's studying, going grocery shopping, or doing homework, procrastination wins every single time. My sophomore year, I applied to internships, Birthright, and study abroad. All of these pursuits necessitates deadlines. This is the biggest and most hectic transition in my life since graduating my senior year of high school. There has never been major deadlines in my life up until now. I learned a lot from these experiences on my journey thus far and hopefully this article will do you well.

1. Do not wait until the last day to start the application.

To me, this is by far one of the most important things when applying for any job, internship, or any other type of pursuit. I found that I have a tendency to do that. I am sure this is the case for many college students due to the amount of work and extracurricular activities that we as priority before other things such as deadlines.

2. Read application thoroughly.

Applications can contain a magnitude of details including personal information, short questions, contracts, and additional facts about oneself. Although applications and contracts can be lengthy, however, you obviously don't want to sign off on something you have not read! There might be details in a contract in which you cannot get out of. Hence, it is very important to read the application in it's entirety.

3. Ask questions throughout.

Never hesitate to ask questions. It is more than okay to be confused with an application to anything. Email or call the supervisors and/or the people who are in charge of the program.

4. Re-read the entire application.

Just like on an exam, you should always re-read everything through twice. This is important as you are submitting important personal data, you certainly do not want to put in the wrong information and ruin your chances of getting a job, internship, or anything else.

5. Know what you're signing on.

Sometimes you are too caught up in the program that you're applying for to even know what you're signing off for. As stated before, there might be lengthy contracts. I know it is annoying to read everything and ask those questions, but that is the only way you'll know exactly what you're signing off on.