An Apology To My High School Bully
High School

To My High School Bully, I'm Sorry For Everything

It hurt so much, but I've learned to let go and move on. I hope you do, too.

1520

To My High School Bully,

High school was a time when we were supposed to be having fun. After all, it was the time before school got really difficult. However, it seemed that no matter what I did, whether it was fight with you or ignore you, somehow I always ended up on your radar of pure hatred, and to this day, I have no idea why. But do you want to know what the funny part is? We were friends in middle school, only a few years before your hatred of me started. Don't ask me how or when that began, because I honestly couldn't tell you. All I can remember is that I had to defend myself from your meanness for most of my high school career.

No matter the past, however, I've learned to look past all your mean comments, even when I thought that they had torn my entire world apart. However, this letter isn't just for me to air my grievances, but it is for you to understand how truly sorry I am for everything that I did to you to create so much negative energy between us.

I am sorry for saying those words that could have offended you.

However, I'm not sorry for justifying my own opinion and stating it during what I thought was an open conversation. At that point in life, I thought everyone was capable of having an adult conversation, but I suppose I was wrong. And, for that, I am sorry for assuming that you were able to understand something like that.

I am sorry for being angry at you for all those stupid fights over the internet, where fights truly weren't necessary.

Now that I've taken the time to better myself and rid myself of the social media bug that we were subjected to throughout high school, I've learned that taking a break from everything social media is a great thing to do when you are trying to find yourself and your own happiness. So I apologize that I didn't do that sooner and that you haven't had the chance to do so yet because it's obvious that you're still trying to find a way to make yourself happy and comfortable with your own life. I hope you find it soon because you will be forever grateful that you did.

Finally, I am sorry that I gave you someone to hate for years now.

I'm sorry that I was your constant punching bag that allowed you to walk all over them. I'm sorry that you found something new to hate about me every day. I'm sorry that you somehow can't wrap your own head around the fact that I am doing just fine without anyone from my past behind me. I really am truly sorry for everything that I could've possibly done that would anger or upset you, because it wasn't my intention. I pride myself on being genuine and loving, and if you couldn't see it, I apologize for not being me. However, I am also sorry for everything that you conjured up and twisted inside your own brain that made me the bad guy in every situation. I won't say it isn't fair or that I was treated unfairly, but that I am sorry that your life at that point was so terrible that you had to feed off of another person's misery to make yourself feel better.

I genuinely hope you are well, wherever you are, and that you remember me when you're famous one day. I hope you accept my apology and that one day we can be distant acquaintances because, after all of this, we can never really be friends. Funny thing is, I don't need your friendship to fulfill any goal that I've set for myself. I know that you'll succeed in what you're doing because, when I knew you, you worked hard for everything that you wanted. Here's to a big step in another direction, away from making fun of others. Please accept my apology and take this letter as a reminder to never make another person feel this way because, from personal experience, it really sucks.

Best of luck with everything.

Sincerely,

The Girl Who Is Tired Of Being Your Personal Doormat